Monday, June 14, 2021

June 14, 2021 … We Need His Help …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 165 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics by Don Moen singing … God Is The Strength of My Heart … poignantly rely on God as our help in times of trouble or turmoil. 



==============

Highlight Passage:  Psalm 121:1-2 [ESV] …  

I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come?  My help comes from the Lord,  who made heaven and earth.

… God’s people singing of relying on God’s strength for their help.      

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: … Psalm 121 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… God’s people sing that their help comes from the Lord. 

==============     


Reference Passage: … Proverbs 3:5-6  [ESV] … 

5  Trust in the Lord with ALL YOUR HEART and lean not on your own understanding.    6  In ALL YOUR WAYS acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths.  

… God, thru Solomon, calls on us, as His people, to trust Him always to lead us on the right path in life. 


Reference Passage: … Isaiah 41:10, 13 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… God’s promise, thru Isaiah, to HIs people that He would always be there to lift us up when we need His strength. 


Reference Passage: … Matthew 11:28-30 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK ... 

  God’s promise, thru Jesus’ Himself, that He came to give us His strength to yoke us to His power when we’re feeling over-burdened. 


Reference Passage: … Ephesians 3:20-21 [ESV] … 

20 Now  to Him Who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, 21 to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever.  Amen. 

… Paul’s acknowledgement in prayer that our God can do FAR MORE with His power to help or lift us up than we could ever imagine.  

 

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Anne Cetas, AT THIS LINK  … tells of how a couple’s doctor, helping to deliver a baby which was a surprise pregnancy for the Christian couple and the doctor fostering the confidence of the couple by praying to God for His strength and help during an emergency C-section.   


When we’re overwhelmed or highly stressed by life, it really helps, for us believers, to know and believe in the truth of God’s promises to be there for us (see Scriptures above) … that He will be our strength and our help.  So, … I pray as my born-again believers join me to take in the linked song by Don Moen, that we all stop today and pray for God’s help as we take on the challenges of life today.  


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … giving me Your strength, Lord, when I’m feeling weak - as I am today.

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to rely on God’s strength to help us when we feel weakened to face the day.  … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: