Saturday, January 15, 2022

January 15, 2022 … Dying To Live …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 15 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ... </b>   Please take the time to take in a song and lyrics from the group Sidewalk Prophets singing … To Live Is Christ … poignantly singing of how we, as Christians are are called, must die to self to live in Christ.   



==============

Highlight Passage: …  Exodus 12:13 [NLT] …   

13 But the blood on your doorposts will serve as a sign, marking the houses where you are staying. When I see the blood, I will pass over you. This plague of death will not touch you when I strike the land of Egypt. 

… God must see the blood of the Passover Lamb of God to be able to save those who seek after the One Who shed His blood so that God’s faithful followers might live..         

===============

Highlight Passage [Context]: … Exodus 12:5-13 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… God, thru Moses, gives instructions on Passover celebration, reminding God’s people how God gave life to His faithful followers when God’s wrath of death came upon the first-born of Egypt.                       

==========                                              .                      


Reference Passage: … John 3:16 [NLT] … 

16 “For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. 

… Jesus explains God’s plan of salvation to Nicodemus and to all who might be willing to die to self to receive God’s saving grace and His eternal life.  


Reference Passage: … John 12:24 [NLT] … 

24 I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat is planted in the soil and dies, it remains alone. But its death will produce many new kernels—a plentiful harvest of new lives.  

… Jesus, in teaching His disciples, uses seed planting to illustrate dying to self to live and grow eternally.   


Reference Passage: … 1Corinthians 15:35-36 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK  

… Paul teaches fellow Christians about the newness of life eternally which occurs when we choose to die to self and life in/for Christ.  


Reference Passage: … Galatians 2:20 [NLT] … 

20 My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. 

… God, thru Paul, shows the reality of dying to self to be able to live eternally in/for/with Christ. 

          

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Mike Wittmer ... AT THIS LINK   illustrates the death-to-life principle of salvation by showing how a man named, Carl, who was dying from lung cancer, and needing a lung transplant, pointed out the ultimate irony of his situation, saying, … “someone has to die so I might live.”


And really that one reality summarizes God’s plan of salvation for all of us, doesn’t it?  Like a seed planted in the earth, we, who deserve to die in our sin, must be willing to die to self to receive God’s grace of eternal life, … having faith in the finished work of Christ on the cross see Scriptures above.  


And I so pray that all reading with me here can say, with Paul in Galatians 2:20, that we have died to self by faith in God’s saving grace to find the life promised by our Lord in John 12:24.  Because … if we have done that, we will be together in heaven, living eternally with our Lord.  


Yes, dear one, …  join me, praising our Lord, with a robustHALLELUJAH!!” 


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for shedding Your blood so that I can be covered by it and live with You, Lord, forever.            

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to praise You, Lord, for Your precious blood which was shed so that we can die to self and live for and with You forever.   … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: