Sunday, January 16, 2022

January 16, 2022 … Light In the Darkness …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 16 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in a song and lyrics from Chris Christian singing … Light At the End Of the Darkness … poignantly singing of how we, as Christians can seek out an find The Light (of Christ) to lead us out of the darkness of sin.    

Seeking God's light to lead us out of our darkness ... 


==============

Highlight Passage: …  John 3:19 [NLT] …   

19 And the judgment is based on this fact: God’s light came into the world, but people loved the darkness more than the light, for their actions were evil. 

… Jesus shows Nicodemus (and us) that anon can choose to come out of the darkness of our sin and this world by choosing to seek after God’s light in His Son.          

===============

Highlight Passage [Context]: … John 3:1-2, 16-20 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Jesus show Nicodemus how anyone can come out from under the darkness of sin … by seeking the Light of the Son of God.                        

==========                                              .                      


Reference Passage: … Psalm 119:105 [NLT] … 

20 Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my patch.   

… God, thru David’s song, shows the God gives us His light - i.e., His word - to lead us out of our darkness into His light. 


Reference Passage: … Isaiah 42:16 [NLT] …

16 I will lead blind Israel down a new path, guiding them along an unfamiliar way. I will brighten the darkness before them and smooth out the road ahead of them. Yes, I will indeed do these things; I will not forsake them.  

… God, thru Isaiah’s prophesy shows that God will send His Messiah to lead His people out of darkness into the light of His truth.  


Reference Passage … John 8:12 [NLT] … 

12 Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, “I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.” 

… Jesus teaches His followers how they can come out of the darkness by seeking to follow Him.   


Reference Passage: … 1John 1:5-7 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK  

… God, thru John, shows us that when we walk in the light of Christ, he will lead us out of the darkness of our sinful ways by following His the light of His truth. 

          

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Alyson Kieda, AT THIS LINK   writes of sitting in a courtroom one day and seeking so many cases coming before a judge because the people were walking in the darkness of their sinful choices.  


But we who know Christ as Lord and Savior have the choice to walk out of the darkness of this world and even out from the darkness of self-indulgent sin.  And that’s my prayer for those who’ve taken in the linked song and especially have meditated on how God’s word, in the Scriptures above, show those of us who’ve been saved by the blood of Christ to seek after His light - primary through His word - to light our way out of the darkness of this world and our own sin to walk in the light of HIs truth. 


That’s why you find me here, starting each day, by seeking to walk by the light of God’s word and sharing that Light with others as I journal my insights from the light of my God’s truth.   


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for shining Your light on my path again today.            

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to seek out the right of Your truth, Lord, which we can glean from Your word.    … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: