Tuesday, January 04, 2022

January 4, 2022 … Building on The Rock …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 4 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in a song and lyrics from the Norton Hall Band singing … My House Is Built On Nothing Less … poignantly singing of how we, as Christians, have built our lives on the “Solid Rock” of God’s Son, our Savior. 


Built on sand ... 

==============

Highlight Passage: …  Matthew 7:24 [NLT] …   

24 “Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. …”  

… Jesus warns to build our ives on the solid foundation of His teachings i.e., HIs word].     

===============

Highlight Passage [Context]: … Matthew 7:24-27 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Jesus teaches that we must build our lives on the solid ground of obedience to His word. Also found in Luke 6:47-49.                             

==========                                              .                    


Reference Passage: … Psalm 18:2  [NLT] …

2  The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my Savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection 

… King David recognized and sang of the reality that His Lord and Savior was the only one Who could give him real protection. 


Reference Passage: … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK ...  

… God, thru Solomon warns of avoiding following our own feelings and perceptions. 


Reference Passage: …John 14:21 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK ...  </b>

…Jesus strongly, and clearly warns His disciples (and us) that He will only manifest Himself in those who obey and follow His commands (i.e, His word). 


Reference Passage: … 1Corinthians 3:10-11 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK ...  

…God, thru Paul, shows that those who build our lives on the Cornerstone of our Savior will have strong foundations for weathering the storms of life.  

          

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Xochitl Dixon, AT THIS LINK writes about those who build lovely homes on sandy beaches sometimes have lost those homes to the winds of strong storms (see photo) because their homes were built on he foundation of sand rather than solid rock. 


Oh, my fellow Christians, I pray that we’re all heeding the warnings of our Savior and other Bible authors, like David or Solomon, from God’s word above, as well as the linked song, to build the foundation of our lives on nothing less that the obedience to God’s word.  Because that’s the only foundation for life that will weather the storms of life, … which we know are going to come to threaten our well being.  


That’s why you find me here, … EVERY DAY, … going back to the “Master Builder” and using His building plans [i.e., His word] so that I’ll be able to weather the storms of life.                               

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for showing me, thru Your word, how to build the foundation of my life.    

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to trust Your word, Lord, to build our lives on the strong foundation of Your word.    … Amen


=============

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: