Monday, January 31, 2022

January 31, 2022 … Tears of Love …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 31 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in a song and lyrics from Matt Hammitt singing … Tears … singing of how God made our tears to express our deepest love toward Him.  


Tears of love ... 

==============

Highlight Passage: …  Luke 7:38 [NLT] …   

38 Then she knelt behind hHm at His feet, weeping. Her tears fell on His feet, and she wiped them off with her hair. Then she kept kissing His feet and putting perfume on them. 

… The women shed her tears and anointed Jesus’ feet at the banquet to show her unashamed love for Jesus.                     

===============

Highlight Passage [Context]: … Luke 7:36-44 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Luke relates the encounter of the uninvited sinful woman at a Pharisee’s banquet. the woman unashamedly shed tears to anoint the feet of Jesus.                           

==========                                              .                         


Highlight Passage [Context]: … Job 16:20 [NLT] …  

20  My friends scorn me, but I pour out my tears to God.   

  Like Job we need to be willing to shed our tears of love and desperation to God. 


Highlight Passage [Context]: … Psalm 126:5 [NLT] …  

5  Those who plant in tears will harvest with shouts of joy. 

… The Psalmist sings of shedding tears of love to reap a harvest of joy.        


Highlight Passage [Context]: … John 11:33-37 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Jesus wept, showing His love for Lazarus …  

          

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Elisa Morgan AT THIS LINK  tells of the apologetic, but sincere, tears shed by her friend, Karen, who was so thankful for the men of her church organizing and including her teenage kids in a special weekend outing for the youth of her church.    


How often, … probably not often enough, … are we moved to tears of joy or thankfulness, being willing to openly and honestly shed those tears to show our love or gratitude?  


It’s my prayer, here today, that we take in the scriptures above about those who were willing to shed tears of love, … including Jesus Himself; … and then, let the tears flow if we feel them, being unapologetic to show our love for the object of our tears. 


If they’re there, let ‘em flow, my friend !! 


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for being the object of my tears of love as I hear the linked song this morning and know what You have done for me, my Lord.    

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to let the tears go, when we feel Your love for us, dear Lord.      … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: