Tuesday, May 10, 2022

May 10, 2022 … Hope In Grief …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 130 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Lauren Daigle singing … I Will Trust In You … powerfully singing of how we can trust in God, even in the midst of our deepest grief and pain. 


Even in our deepest sorrows ... 

==============

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  Job 19:25-26 [NLT] …  

25 “But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and He will stand upon the earth at last. 26   And after my body has decayed, yet in my body I will see God!

… Job trusting in his Redeemer God, … no matter what!!                             


Highlight Passage [Context]: … Job 19:19-27 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… In spite of his critical friends and grieving over his loss, Job knew that he would see His Redeemer in heaven.                                                                                 

===============                 .


Reference Passage: … Joshua 1:9 [NLT] … 

This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”  

… God promises Joshua, grieving the loss of Moses, that He, our Lord, will be with us, not matter what we face in life.   


Reference Passage: … Psalm 34:18 [NLT] … 

18  Lord is close to the brokenhearted; He rescues those whose spirits are crushed.

… God’s promise, thru David’s song, that He will be close to the hearts of the brokenhearted.          

Reference Passage: …Isaiah 53:4-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… God’s promise, thru Isaiah, of a Messiah Who will come to take all the grief of the faithful upon Himself.     


Reference Passage: … John 14:27 [NLT] … 

27 “I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.   

… Jesus promises to give us His peace - no matter what we face.                                                                   

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Monica La Rose … AT THIS LINK  tells of Caroline, a photographer, who was diagnosed with incurable brain cancer, and yet, finding great solace in her personal grief by volunteering to take photos of families dealing with intense sorrow with children dealing with cancer.    

        

Sometimes it takes intense sorrow or grief to realize that we must trust in our God, Who promises never to leave us - even in the lowest times of sorrow or pain.  That’s what Job discovered (see highlight passage).  That’s what God revealed to Joshua (see Joshua 1:9), and it’s what God promised (see Isaiah 53) that our Messiah would bring us.  And finally, …  it’s what Jesus said that He would bring His disciples from His death and return to heaven (see John 14:27). 


But our question today, from the ODB devotional, the linked song, and the Scriptures above, is … Do we really trust that our God will be with us when we’re in the lowest of lows or the deepest pits of grief?.  I’m praying we do!!  

        

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for ALWAYS being there to lift me up when I’m down.   

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to reach out for Your strength, Lord, …  even today, … when I’m feeling down.        Amen 


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: