Friday, May 27, 2022

May 27, 2022 … Which Path To Follow

Berry Patch Devotions in 202 - Day 147 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Phil Ziegler singing … Spirit of Truth … poignantly singing of how we, as disciples of Christ, must follow the Spirit of truth to avoid the lies of this world. 


Avoidable death toll in 1938 Hurricane Sandy ... 

==============

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  Jeremiah 32:28 [NLT] …  

28 “Let these false prophets tell their dreams, but let my true messengers proclaim my every word. …   

… God’s teachers are to teach the people by speaking of His true word.   


Highlight Passage [Context]: … Jeremiah 23:1-32 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… God, thru Jeremiah, teaches His truth about false prophets leading God’s people astray with their false teaching.                                                                                

===============                


Reference Passage: … Psalm 25:5 [NLT] … 

5 Lead me by your truth and teach me, for You are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you. 

… David sings of his desire to follow God’s truth. 


Reference Passage: … Psalm 119:105 [NLT] … 

105 Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path. 

… David sings of god’s word being his light to guide his path in life.      


Reference Passage: … John 8:31-32 [NLT] … 

31 Jesus said to the people who believed in Him, “You are truly my disciples if you remain faithful to my teachings. 32 And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

… Jesus declares that His true disciples will be one ones to follow Him and His ways.   

                                                                          

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Tim Gustafson … AT THIS LINK  writes of the horrible loss of life in the 1938 New England hurricane Sandy (see photo), where many lives could have been saved if the U.S. Weather Service had listened to the prediction of one young meteorologist hours before the storm.   

     

Whom we listen to and allow to guide our steps will be critical to the path we take in life, won’t it?  And God’s word, thru Prophets like Jeremiah, or no less than King Jesus Himself, warns us to be willing to follow God’s word as our light out of the darkness of this world.


That’s why you find me here each morning, starting each day, following King David’s prophetic songs (see the Psalms above) to let God’s Spirit and His word guide my steps in life.  And God’s truth will never lead us astray as will many of the false prophets and teachers in this world who will try to lead us astray.  I don’t know about my readers; but following God’s way and His word seems to be the safest way to go, … don’t you?  


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for showing me the way to follow You from Your word.              

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to get on the right track in life by following Your word today!!       Amen 


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: