Monday, May 23, 2022

May 23, 2022 … Finishing Well …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 143 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...    Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Danny Gokey singing … Finish Strong … powerfully singing or how we Christians must finish well in the race God has called us to run for Him in life. 



==============

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  2Timothy 4:7 [NLT] …  

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful. 

… Paul testifies of finishing the race of life well.                               


Highlight Passage [Context]: … 2Timothy 4:6-8 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… Paul describes his life being like a runner who finishes well in the race of life.                           ===============                 .   


Reference Passage: … Acts 20:24 [NLT] …

24 But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus—the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God. 

… The Apostle Paul focused on finishing his life with his calling to tell others of Jesus.


Reference Passage: …1Corinthians 9:24-27  [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK

… Paul compares his life to that of a runner preparing to run a race in order to be the winner.       

Reference Passage: …Philippians 3:13-14  [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK

… Paul kept his focus on what was ahead, not worrying about the past.  


Reference Passage: … Hebrews 12:1 [NLT] …

10 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us..  

… God, thru the Author of Hebrews, exhorts Christians to run the race of life with endurance.   


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Sheridan Voysey … AT THIS LINK  tells of leading a Christian retreat, asking the participants to write out what they would like to be read as their obituary at their funeral.           

        

Wow!  What would you write out, focusing, as the Apostle Paul did to Timothy in the highlight passage?    Paul often wrote about life as a race, prepared for and run with a focus on finishing well (see Pauline Scriptures above).  


Right now I’m considering and looking back on my race; and I want to run it with endurance and finish well, as the Author of Hebrews 12:1 wrote.  How about you? 


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for giving me the enabling grace to finish You’ve called me to run. .      

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to run the race of life to finish well.         Amen 


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: