Thursday, May 19, 2022

May 19, 2022 … Manna From God …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 139


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Matthew Smith singing … The Lord Will Provide … poignantly singing we need not fear because our Lord will protect us and provide for our needs. 


Snowing Chocolate ... 

==============

Highlight Passage [Context]: …   Exodus 16:4 [NLT] …  

14 When the dew evaporated, a flaky substance as fine as frost blanketed the ground.   

… God provides the Israelites, escaping from Egypt, with manna to feed God’s people.                              

Highlight Passage [Context]: … Exodus 26:4-5, 13-18 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

  God gives manna to provide food for His people as they seascape from Egypt.                        ===============                 .   


Reference Passage: … Psalm18:2 [NLT] … 

11 The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my Savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection.  He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety. 

… King David sings, with faith, about his provider/protector God.   


Reference Passage: … Jeremiah 29:11 [NLT] …

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. 

… God, thru Jeremiah, promises that He has a future plan for the welfare of His faithful people.


Reference Passage: … Matthew 6:25-34 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK

… Jesus teaches that our God, as our Heavenly Father, will provide His children with everything they (we) will need.      


Reference Passage: … Philippians 4:6, 19 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK

… Paul is showing fellow Christians that they (and we) don’t need to worry because their (our) God would provide ALL of their (our) needs.    


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Lisa M Samra … AT THIS LINK  relates a true story about a chocolate factory in Switzerland which malfunctioned, spewing chocolate flakes into he air and causing it to snow chocolate into he air, much to the delight of the Swiss natives in the area (see photo).     

        

This reminded the ODB author of the time in the history of God’s people (see highlight passage) when the Lord provided manna for the life needs of His people for 40 years as they wandered in the wilderness, which is a picture of the reality of what is related in the Scriptures above; and that is, … that our God will ALWAYS provide for the needs of His faithful people. 


However, like the ancient wandering Jews, we so often grumble at what God has provided for us, rather than praising God, with a grateful heart, as we should. So, at least as you read my words today, won’t you join me to pray a prayer of thanks for God’s provision and where He will lead us today as we faithfully follow Him.    

        

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for providing for my needs . ALWAYS !!      

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to give thanks for Your provision today, Lord.          Amen 


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: