Thursday, May 26, 2022

May 26, 2022 … Surrendered Faith

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 146 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Robin Mark leading in worship and singing … I Surrender All … poignantly singing of how we, as disciples of Christ, must be willing to surrender our all to follow and service Christ


Have we really surrendered our Faith? ... 

==============

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  Revelation 3:19 [NLT] …  

15 “I know all the things you do, that you are neither hot nor cold. I wish that you were one or the other! 16 But since you are like lukewarm water, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth!.  

… Jesus challenges His church to raise heat of their (our) faith and avoid being lukewarm.  


Highlight Passage [Context]: … Revelation 3:14-22 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… Jesus admonishes those with lukewarm faith in His church to turn up the heat on their faith.    

===============                


Reference Passage: … Mathew 28:19-20 [NLT] …

19 Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. 20 Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” 

… Jesus commissions all of His disciples on how to be His committed disciples.    


Reference Passage: … Luke 9:23 [NLT] … 

23 Then he said to the crowd, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross daily, and follow me. .” … 

… Jesus on what it takes to be a true disciple of our Lord. 


Reference Passage: … 1Timothy 4:10 [NLT] … 

10 This is why we work hard and continue to struggle, for our hope is in the living God, who is the Savior of all people and particularly of all believers. 

… Paul shows Timothy how to teach fellow Christians to be strong and faithful followers of Christ                                                                            


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Patricia Raybon … AT THIS LINK  writes of  the ODB author and her husband who became fascinated by a digital thermometer which could measure and control the temperatures in various zones in their house.         


And then today’s ODB author made reference to how God measures the faith temperature of those who declare to be disciples of his Son, Jesus. And we see that brought out in the letter our Lord wrote to the church in Laodicea (see highlight passage], admonishing them for letting the heat go out of their faith walk.  And make no mistake about it, … we, who espouse to be disciples of Christ, need to take our faith temperature; and if we are letting it get cold with indifference, we need to turn up the heat of our commitment to our Lord and do more for His kingdom and for God’s glory with the way we live for Him in our lifetime.  


So, join me to turn up our thermostat of faith and do all we can today to follow our Lord’s call to surrender to His great commission (see Matt 29:19-20).  Are you with me? 


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for convicting me to turn up the heat of my commitment to Your kingdom, Lord.             

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to get hotter for Your call to commitment to Your kingdom, … yes, even today!!       Amen 


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: