Sunday, November 14, 2021

November 14, 2021 … Connected With God …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 318 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in a song and lyrics from the group Hillsong singing … This Is Our God … poignantly singing of how we how we, as born-again Christians, must know that staying connected with our God is His desire for our lives.   



==============

Highlight Passage: … Deuteronomy 4:5   [NLT] …   

“Look, I now teach you these decrees and regulations just as the Lord my God commanded me, so that you may obey them in the land you are about to enter and occupy. 

… God, thru Moses, charges His people to remember and follow God’s commandments.            

===============

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  Deuteronomy 4:5-14 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… God, thru Moses, reminds God’s people of God’s commandments that they might stay connected and follow God thru His covenant promises.        

==========                                              .  


Reference Passage: … Psalm 119:1-8 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK  

… Following God’s Law (ie., His word) is the best way to stay connected to our God.    


Reference Passage: … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK  

… Solomon shows that trusting and following God’s ways the best way to stay connected to God’s will.


Reference Passage:  …  Luke 9:23 [NLT] … 

23 Then He said to the crowd, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross daily, and follow me. 

… Jesus tells His followers the best way - <u>really, the only way</u> - to be His followers.    


Reference Passage:  …  John 14:21 [NLT] … 

21 Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal myself to each of them.” 

… Jesus tells His Disciples in the upper room that those believe and follow His word are those who truly love the Lord.        

   

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Winn Collier, AT THIS LINK   wrote of how a volcano eruption in 2020 in Ecuador caused the people to really fear for their lives; and then the ODB author compared that with how God reminded His people thru Moses (see highlight passage) how important it was to stay connect to God thru His commandments (i.e., His word).          


And this reminded me today to look at how I stay connected with God.  And the reference scriptures above helped me to remember that what I’m doing here - which is what I do every morning to start my day - is to use prayer and God’s word to stay connected with my Lord. 


I pray that all reading here are following our Lord closely, seeking out His will, and following His ways thru His word.  Because really, it’s the only way to go in life! God’s word is our perfect “GPS” and I pray we’re all following it EVERY DAY!        


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for giving us Your “GPS” in Your word to lead us in life.        

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to follow Your “GPS,” Lord - in Your word - to lead us today and tomorrow.    … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: