Tuesday, November 16, 2021

November 16, 2021 … A New Me In Christ …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 320 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in a song and lyrics from the group Jesus-Culture singing … Alive In You … powerfully singing of how we how we, as born-again Christians, are made new by the saving/sanctifying grace of Christ.  



==============

Highlight Passage: … Luke 5:10   [NLT] …   

10 His [Peter’s] partners, James and John, the sons of Zebedee, were also amazed. Jesus replied to Simon, “Don’t be afraid! From now on you’ll be fishing for people!”  </i> 

… The four fishermen recognized the wondrous greatness of Christ and decided to follow Him into newness of life.              

===============

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  Luke 5:1-11 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… As soon as Jesus called the fishermen, the dropped everything to be made new by following Jesus.         

==========                                              .     


Reference Passage:   Luke 9:23 [NLT] … 

23 Then He said to the crowd, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross daily, and follow me. 

… Jesus teaches that the only way follow Him - and be transformed by His grace - is to drop everything and surrender to His way and His will.    


Reference Passage: …  John 14:6 [NLT] … 

Jesus told [His disciples], “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. 

… Jesus shows His disciples [and us] that following Him is the only way to eternal life to be with God, the Father in glory.  


Reference Passage: … 2Corinthians 5:17 [NLT] …  

17 This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!   

…Paul shows that when we totally surrender to God’s saving grace, thru Christ, we are made new in/thru Him.  


Reference Passage: … Galatians 2:20 [NLT] …  

20 My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me 

…Paul recognized, and shares with fellow Christians, that he (and we) become new when we give ourselves TOTALLY to follow Christ.   


Reference Passage: … Philippians 1:6 [NLT] …   

And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns. 

…Paul shows fellow Christians that once we surrender to follow Christ, He will make us over into His images in glory.  

       

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Patricia Raybon, AT THIS LINK   used a fishing story to illustrate how we must follow the ways of expert fishermen to be able to catch more than hooks in our fingers while fishing.             


And then the ODB author used the story of Jesus calling the four fishermen (see highlight passage) to become fishers of men; and how these men dropped their nets, recognizing Jesus as the possible Messiah, to be made new in Christ.  And the stories of their transformation by following Christ, along with that of the Apostle Paul’s transformation (see Pauline scriptures above), show all of us reading here with me today that if we believe in the truth of the Bible (which I do) and that if we surrender our will to follow Christ, we WILL BE made new and transformed to be like our Lord in glory.


I pray that, as the linked song proclaims, that all of us are being made new by surrendering to follow Christ to glory.           


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for calling me to follow You … all the way to glory.           

>My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to surrender our will to Yours, Lord, and to follow You all the way to Your Father in Heaven.     … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or ou can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: