Monday, November 15, 2021

November 15, 2021 … Worship in Peace …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 319 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in a song and lyrics from Don Moen singing … Wonderful Peace … poignantly singing of how we how we, as born-again Christians, can find our peace in our relationship with Christ.  



==============

Highlight Passage: … Psalm 27:4   [NLT] …   

The one thing I ask of the Lord—the thing I seek most— is to live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, delighting in the Lord’s perfections and meditating in his Temple. 

… David shows that seeking closeness with the Lord is the way to find His peace in life.             

===============

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  Psalm 27:1-6 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… King David found his peace to worship His Lord in his pursuit of closeness with Yahweh.        

==========                                              .  


Reference Passage: … Isaiah 26:3 [NLT] …   

You (LORD) will keep in perfect peace all who trust in You, … all whose thoughts are fixed on You.    

… God, thru Isaiah, shows how to find peace in worshipping our Lord.    


Reference Passage:  …  John 16:33 [NLT] … 

33 I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” 

… Jesus shows His disciples that only in Him can they find peace in the trials and turmoils of this world.  


Reference Passage: … Ephesians 2:14 [NLT] …   

14 For Christ Himself has brought peace to us. He united Jews and Gentiles into one people when, in His own body on the cross, He broke down the wall of hostility that separated us.   </i> 

…Paul shows that we can only find peace in our life in/thru our relationship with Christ.  


Reference Passage: … Philippians 4:6-7 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK  

…Paul shows fellow Christians what it takes to find God’s peace in this world.    

          

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Kirsten Holmberg, AT THIS LINK  told of a young 4 year old, as his family left the church on Sunday, bolting and running back to the church.   And when his mom reached the boy, who was sobbing, he reported that he wanted to be back where his friends were sharing stories about Jesus.           


And how wonderful that the boy was learning God’s formula for worshipping God and finding our peace and joy in our relationship with Jesus at such an early age.   And as we read God’s word above from King David, Isaiah, Jesus, and the Apostle Paul, … we see that God points us to what it takes to find peace in this very confusing and contentious world.


And I pray today that all reading here find that God gives us His peace thru His word and the closeness of our relationship with Jesus.  That’s why you find me here, … beginning each day, … by seeking the peace that only my Jesus can bring to me, as Don Moen sings in the linked song.  Oh, how I pray you are finding His peace today.         


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for showing me the way to find peace in these troubled times.         

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to seek and find Your peace, Lord, … thru Your truth and our relationship with You.    … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: