Tuesday, October 18, 2022

October 18, 2022 … Power Way Beyond Words!! …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 291 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Gordon Mote and the choir/orchestra from the 1st Baptist Church in Dallas, TX, singing … His Strength Is Perfect … poignantly and powerfully singing of how God’s God’s strength is displayed most obviously and perfectly thru our faith and our weaknesses. 



==============        

Highlight Passage: … 2Corinthians 12:3-4  [ESV] …  

Yes, only God knows whether I was in my body or outside my body. But I do know that I was caught up to paradise and heard things so astounding that they cannot be expressed in words, things no human is allowed to tell.   

… Paul explains his vision of “paradise” (i.e., Heaven) being way beyond any words to describe.                                                        

Highlight Passage (Context): …  2Corinthians 12:1-10 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Paul is overwhelmed to describe a vision of God’s “third heaven.”                                             

===============                                                                     .                                 .    


Highlight Passage: … Psalms 27:1, 28:7  [ESV] … USE THIS LINK  

… King David repetitively sings of His Lord being his strength and fortress in times of trouble.   


Reference Passage: … Isaiah 41:10  [ESV] …  

10 Do not be afraid, for I AM with you.  Don’t be discouraged, for I AM your God.  I will strengthen you and help you.  I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.  

… God’s truth; thru Isaiah, promises His strength to lift up those who’re surrendered to Him. 


Reference Passage: … Matthew 11:28-30  [ESV] … USE THIS LINK … 

… Our God, thru no less than Jesus, invites us all to yoke ourselves to His strength in times of weakness or trial.          


Reference Passage: … Ephesians 6:10 [ESV] …  

10 A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power.  

… Paul charges fellow Christians to find their (our) strength in God’s mighty power.  


Reference Passage </u>: … 1John 4:4 [ESV] …  

But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won a victory over those people, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world.  

… God, thru John’s encouragement, promises that His Spirit indwelling born-again believers is stronger than any spirit in the world.        

                                                                                

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Mart DeHaan … AT THIS LINK  wrote of Thomas Aquinas, the famous 13th century defender of the faith, … while reflecting on Jesus, the God-Man dying on the cross, stopped the writing of his final work before his death, declaring, ”I can write no more. I have seen things that make my writings seem like straw.”


And I for one, a former broken non-believer, whom God has refashioned to be used as a warrior for God’s truth, am without words to describe God’s power on display as it was in the broken and rebuilt men of God who wrote the words from God’s Spirit in the Scriptures above. 


Oh, … how I pray that all reading with me realize and recognize (with thanksgiving) the power of God on display when broken men or women surrender to Lord’s power to rebuild and reuse our weaknesses to display our Lord’s strength.  It’s way beyond my words to describe God’s power to work thru a broken - but surrendered - servant of God like me.  Is our Lord lifting you up and using you today to show off His strength as Gordon Mote, the blind singer/musician, sings above?                                             


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for giving me Your strength to do Your work today.   

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to yoke ourselves to Your power, Lord, to give us Your strength when we’re feeling weak.  .… Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

1 comment:

Kjetil said...

Amen...we do!
Kjetil