Sunday, October 23, 2022

October 23, 2022 … Transformed!! …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 295 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from the group Casting Crowns singing … The Change In Me … powerfully singing and declaring that Christ is the change we see in all born-again Christians. 


My colors transformed for Christ ... 


==============        

Highlight Passage: … Ephesians 4:24   [ESV] …  

<i>    24 Put on your new nature, created to be like God—truly righteous and holy. </i> 

… Paul charges fellow born-again believers to put on the new self of Christlikeness.                                           

Highlight Passage (Context): …  Ephesians 4:17-24 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

  Paul exhorts fellow Christians to put on the new self enabled by God’s Spirit to become more like Christ, empowered by God’s Spirit in the born-again Christian.                                                

===============                                                                     .                                              


Reference Passage: … John 14:6 [ESV] …  

Jesus [declares], “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.   

… Jesus declares to His Disciples (and to us) that HE is the only way to the Father.     


Reference Passage: …  2Corinthians 5:17 [ESV] …  

17 This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!   

… If we’ve truly surrendered to Christ as LORD, we have become a new creation.    


Reference Passage: …  Galatians 2:20 [ESV] …  

20 My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.  

… Paul declares that he had been totally transformed and remade to live in/for Christ. 


Reference Passage: …  Ephesians 4:31 [ESV] …  

31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of evil behavior.  

… Paul teaches fellow Christians [and us] to get rid of any kind of rage or selfish anger.


Reference Passage: …  Philippians 1:6 [ESV] …  

And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue His work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.   

… Paul shows that we, as Christians, are being made over into the image of Christlikeness. 

                                                                                

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Amy Boucher Eye … AT THIS LINK  tells of the transformed life of a young man, Claud, who was selling drugs and was led by a mentor to learn about Jesus.  And subsequently, Claud’s whole life was transformed by his new relationship with his Lord and Savior.           


And oh how I can identify with that story, because, in the early 80’s I was an angry atheist and a pseudo-intellectual fool, … deep into addictive sexual sin.  But someone introduced me to the truth about Jesus; and here I am, … years later, … an ordained Minister of the Gospel, … working with Christian men, helping them to do what is documented above in the Pauline scriptures, … to die to self and be transformed into the newness of Christ  


As the linked songs sings, the change in me is all about Jesus and how He is helping me to change colors just like the leaves change in the fail (see photo).  And , as Paul wrote (in Galatians 2:20, the life I now live is in and for Christ.  How about you?                                


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … help me stay on track, following You, Lord, today … and tomorrow.    

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … stay on track, following You, Lord, wherever You may lead.         .… Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

1 comment:

Kjetil said...

Amen...!-
Kjetil