Wednesday, October 05, 2022

October 5, 2022 … Grieving With Gratitude …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 278 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from tom Chris Rice singing … t Is Well With My Soul … poignantly singing of how we Christians must grieve with gratitude in the face of disaster or loss. 


Damage and loss from Hurricane Ian ... 


==============        

Highlight Passage: …Job 1:20-21  [ESV] …  

20 Job stood up and tore his robe in grief. Then he shaved his head and fell to the ground to worship. 21 He said, “I came naked from my mother’s womb, and I will be naked when I leave. The Lord gave me what I had, and the Lord has taken it away. Praise the name of the Lord!”.

… Job is a paragon of grieving with gratitude.                                        


Highlight Passage (Context): …  Job 1:13-22 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

  In all the disaster, pain, and loss experienced by Job, he did not sin by blaming God.              

===============                                                                     .                                 .


Reference Passage: …  Proverbs 3:5-6 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK ...

… God, thru Solomon, calls on believers to trust the Lord with ALL OUR HEARTS and avoid following our human feelings … NO MATTER WHAT we face in life. 


Reference Passage: …  Isaiah 41:10 [ESV] …  

10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. 

… God’s promise, thru Isaiah, to be there with His strength to lift up those who are weakened in life.


Reference Passage: …  Matthew 5:4 [ESV] …  

God blesses those who mourn, for they will be comforted.. 

… Jesus promises His followers that God will bless and comfort those who grieve.


Reference Passage: …  2Corinthians 12:9 [ESV] …  

Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.. 

… Jesus gave Paul the strength to deal with the pain of “a thorn” in his flesh as our Lord will do for any of us. 


Reference Passage: …  1Peter 5:7 [ESV] …  

Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you. 

… Peter encourages fellow persecuted Christians to give all our worries and cares over to a God who cares for His children.  

                                                                                

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread< author, Xochitl Dixon … AT THIS LINK  Relates the true story of a friend of the author’s mother, who had just died of cancer, coming the ODB author sobbing saying, “Your mom was so kind to me," …  I’m sorry she died  . . . instead of me.”


We all grieve in times of loss, pain, or disaster, don’t we?  Those who recently lost homes or loved ones in the wake of Hurricane Ian (see photo) most certainly are grieving their loss. right now, aren’t they.? But the question raised by today’s ODB entry is … Can we grieve with the attitude of gratitude of a Job [see highlight passage] with all of his pain and loss or that of Jesus about to go to the cross for all of our sins.  


Can we grieve with gratitude in our time of loss or pain?  Oh, how I pray that we can!!  And I pray that we all take in the linked song above and meditate on the Reference Scriptures above and then we realize - with great gratitude - that no matter what we face - or will face  - in life, our God is there to allow us to say, “It is well with my soul.”                     


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for ALWAYS being there to lift me up in my times of grief or loss.        

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to go our Lord in times of grief, pain, or loss, … maybe even today!     .… Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

1 comment:

Kjetil said...

Amen..thank you!
Kjetil!