Wednesday, October 26, 2022

October 26, 2022 … The Power of God’s Word …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 299 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Kristyn Getty singing … Speak, O Lord … poignantly singing of taking in the power of God’s word.  



==============        

Highlight Passage: … Isaiah 55:11   [ESV] …  

11 It is the same with my word.  I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it.  

… Isaiah declares the power of God’s word to bring about God’s plan and purposes.                                              

Highlight Passage (Context): …  Isaiah 55:9-11 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

  God, thru Isaiah, declares the power of His word for believers.                                                 

===============                                                                     .                                              


Reference Passage: …  Psalm 119:105 [NLT] … 

105 Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path.   

… King David sings of the power of God’s word to lead us in life.   


Reference Passage: …  Jeremiah 15:16 [NLT] …  

16 When I discovered your words, I devoured them.  They are my joy and my heart’s delight, for I bear your name, O Lord God of Heaven’s Armies.   

… God, thru Jeremiah, shows God’s power to produce joy in the life of those who consume God’s word.    


Reference Passage: …  Matthew 4:4 [NLT] …  

But Jesus told [Satan], “No! The Scriptures say, ‘People do not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’” 

… To dispel the temptation of Satan, Jesus quotes God’s truth from <b><u>Deut 8:3</b></u>, showing the power of God’s word to defeat Satan’s attacks.   


Reference Passage: …  2Timothy 3:16-17 [NLT] …  

16 All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. 17 God uses it to prepare and equip His people to do every good work.   

… Paul teaches Timothy (and us) the power of God’s word to accomplish God’s purposes in this life.     


Reference Passage: …  Hebrews 4:12 [NLT] …  

12 For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires.  

… God, thru the author of Hebrews, shows the power of God’s word to expose our thoughts and desires in life.   

                                                                                

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Lisa M Samra … AT THIS LINK   tells a story from the memoirs of Ben Malcolmson, a walk-on football player in college, who expressed his Christian faith to his fellow players by giving them each a Bible.  Years later, he learned that one of the players had read that gift Bible and became a Christian, … illustrating the power of God’s word to save those who believe in God’s truth.                


And I’m one who can give witness to that reality, … because God used one Scripture to break me down, in my days as an angry atheist, to see the truth that Jesus is my LORD.  And if my readers have taken in the linked song and meditated on the truth of God’s word in the Scriptures above, I pray that you all have experienced the power of God’s word to accomplish His purposes in our lives as born-again Christians.  


And I also pray that we all are taking God’s word, into our minds/hearts daily, to wield God’s power to defeat Satan thru the truth of His word … just as the Lord did in Matthew 4:4.     Common, fellow Christians, … if God’s word is powerful enough for Jesus to send Satan fleeing, it’s powerful enough to do the same for us.                                     


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for giving me Your word to give me Your power, Lord, to deal with life today and tomorrow.         

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to use Your word, Lord, as a light to lead our path today. .,,  Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

1 comment: