Monday, October 03, 2022

October 3, 2022 … God’s Mirror of Truth …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 276 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from tom Matthew West singing … Mended powerfully singing of how we Christians can look in God’s mirror of truth and be mended.  


Seeing myself in the mirror ... 

==============        

Highlight Passage: … James 1:25  [ESV] …  

25 But if you look carefully into the perfect law that sets you free, and if you do what it says and don’t forget what you heard, then God will bless you for doing it.  

… We fool ourselves if we look into God’s word and don’t obey it.                                      


Highlight Passage (Context): …  James 1:22-27 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

  God, thru James, teaches truth about obeying God’s word.                                                       

===============                                                                     .                                 


Reference Passage: …  Psalm 119:105 [ESV] …  

105 Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path. <

… God’s word becomes God’s light to guide our path in life.     


Reference Passage: …  1Corinthians 13:12 [ESV] …  

12 Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely.  

… Paul shows fellow Christians that God’s mirror of truth will show us His will and His ways clearly.    


Reference Passage: …  2Timothy 3:16-17 [ESV] …  

16 All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. 17 God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work. 

… God shows us the way to go in life thru His word.     


Reference Passage: …  Hebrews 4:12 [ESV] …  

12 For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires.. 

… God, thru the author of Hebrews, shows that God’s word reveals God’s power to show us His truth.  

                                                                                

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Katara Patton … AT THIS LINK tells of child psychologists revealing thru research that babies early in their lives looking into a mirror <b>(see photo)</b> don’t recognize the image as themselves; but at or around 18 months they begin to see themselves in that mirror.        


And as my readers take in the linked song and meditate on the Scriptures above, do we really see ourselves when we look into God’s mirror or truth, which is God’s word?  Actually that’s why you find me here everyday, writing about how daily I look deeply into God’s word and seek God’s Spirit to reveal who I am and who I should b.  And God ALWAYS leads me in the way I should go with His light of truth as He reveals in Psalm 119:105 and 2Tim. 3:16-17.  


Oh how I’m praying that all reading with me here today seek daily to look deeply into God’s mirror of truth to see ourselves as we really are and to reveal what needs to change to reflect God’s glory in the way we live.                    


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for Your mirror of truth.      

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to look deeply into Your mirror of truth, Lord, to see ourselves as we really are.     .… Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

1 comment:

Kjetil said...

Amen...thank you!!
Kjetil