Sunday, May 10, 2020

May 10, 2020 … God’s Enduring Love

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 131 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Michael W Smith singing Forever God is Faithful … poignantly leading in worship and singing of how God’s enduring love is forever faithful.

A loving Good Shepherd, leading His flock 

=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Psalm 136:3 [NLT] ...   Give thanks to the Lord of lords, … His faithful love endures forever. 
… The Psalmist emphasizes God’s faithful love by repeating the praise [in bold] 26 times.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Psalm 136 [NLT] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… God’s song writer repeats, for emphasis, the truth about God’s faithful/enduring love. 
==============

Reference Passage : … Psalm 23:6 [NLT] … 6  Surely Your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever. 
… King David, in song, reflecting on God’s endless, unfailing, love … like the Good Shepherd is for His flock [see photo].

Reference Passage : … John 13:34-35 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Jesus commands His Disciples in the upper room (and us now as well) to show the kind of unfailing love to each other so that others will know that we are His followers.

Reference Passage : … Romans 8:38-39 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Paul knew and taught that NOTHING could separate true Christians from the love of God.

Reference Passage : … 1John 4:7-12 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God’s teaching, thru John, of how our love for one another shows God’s enduring - FAITHFUL - love for us.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Xochitl Dixon, relates a personal story about how his son showed his love for the author, reminding him (and us) of God’s faithful - enduring - love. … The ODB author wrote: Years ago, my four-year-old son gave me a framed wooden heart mounted on a metal plate with the word forever painted in its center. “I love you forever, Mommy,” he said. … I thanked him with a hug. “I love you more.” 
That priceless gift still assures me of my son’s never-ending love. On tough days, God uses that sweet present to comfort and encourage me as He affirms I’m deeply loved. The frame also reminds me of the gift of God’s everlasting love, as expressed throughout His Word and confirmed by His Spirit. 

For King David and other Psalmists, God’s unfailing love reminded them of the Messiah, the Good Shepherd, of God’s chosen people [see photo], … the On Who would lead them to the Promised Land (see Ps. 23 and 136. And that’s why we see so many NT authors (see reference passages], especially the early Messianic Jews, strongly teaching of how Christians showing love for one another, especially fellow believers, reflects and demonstrates for others God’s faithful, enduring, love for us as His chosen family of God.

Yes, my dear one, the Apostle Paul was right (see Rom. 8:38-39), … NOTHING can separate us from God’s love. That’s why you find me here. every morning, reminding myself of my God’s love by reading of it in in His love letter to me (and you). So, don’t you think we should show off God’s love for us by giving it out to others today?

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for loving me and leading me, as my Good Shepherd, to love others.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me to let God’s love lead us to look for opportunities to love others today … and tomorrow. Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: