Monday, May 25, 2020

May 25, 2020 … Honoring His Sacrifice

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 146 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Laura Story singing Death Was Arrested … poignantly singing of how death was arrested when Jesus died on the cross to allow us to become living sacrifices for His glory.

The Ultimate Sacrifice 

=============
Highlight Verse[s]: John 15:13 [NLT] ...  3 There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. … “ 
… Jesus teaching His Disciples, what it takes to show our sacrificial love for one another, … i.e., our willingness to give our all fo that One.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: John 15:9-17 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Jesus, the night before He would die on the cross, teaches His Disciples what it takes to give up our lives to honor those we love. 
==============

Reference Passage : … Luke 9:23 [NLT] … 23 Then He said to the crowd, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross daily, and follow me. … “ 
… Jesus shows the level of sacrifice it will take to be His disciple.

Reference Passage : … John 3:16 [NLT] … 16 “For this is how God loved the world: He gave His one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. …” 
… What God, the Father, was willing to sacrifice for us.

Reference Passage : … Romans 12:1 [NLT] … 1 And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all He has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind He will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship Him. 
 … Paul recognized that we honor our Lord’s sacrifice for us when we’re willing to surrender our all for Him.

Reference Passage : … Galatians 2:20 [NLT] … 20 My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, Who loved me and gave Himself for me. 
… Again …. Paul recognized that when we die to self and live in humble obedience for Christ, we honor His sacrifice for us.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Alyson Kieda, makes reference in this devotional to all those who died in combat to keep us free here in the USA. … The ODB author wrote: On Memorial Day, I think of many military veterans but especially my dad and uncles, who served in the military during World War II. [see photo] They made it home, but in that war hundreds of thousands of families tragically lost loved ones in service to their country. Yet, when asked, my dad and most soldiers from that era would say they were willing to give up their lives to protect their loved ones and stand for what they believed to be right. 

But how, as Christians, can we give honor - each day - to the One Who gave His life to defeat the ultimate enemy? And that is my commitment from this ODB entry today. And in my conviction, I realize that all I can do is what the Apostle Paul put forth for himself and fellow Christians in Romans 12: 1; and that is to become a living sacrifice of surrender to follow Jesus’ teaching in today highlight passage and His commands in Luke 9:23 … to deny myself, take up my cross here today, and follow Him.

Will you join me to honor our Lord today, remembering His sacrifice, and denying our selves to live for His glory?!!

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for dying for me that I might live for You.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me, to honor our Lord’s sacrifice today by dying to our sin nature and surrendering to live for His glory. Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: