Thursday, May 14, 2020

May 14, 2020 … Souls Under Repair

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 135 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Matthew West singing Broken Things … powerfully singing of how God rebuilds the broken lives of us sinners to serve the Lord with glory.

Road Under Repair ... 

=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Hebrews 10:14 [NLT] ...    14 For by that one offering [i.e., Christ’s shed blood on the cross] He forever made perfect those who are being made holy. … We sinners are made new in Christ.
Hebrews 10:15-17 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK  … Note that the Author of Hebrews also quotes the Prophet Jeremiah (see Jer. 31:33-34) where God declares that the Holy Spirit will complete the New Covenant work of His Messiah as He remakes us into Christ’s image.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Hebrews 10:11-18 [NLT] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… God shows, thru the Author of Hebrews, that His Spirit is making all things new in the New Covenant, completely fulfilled by Christ.
==============

Reference Passage : … Romans 7:21-25, 8:1-2 … USE THIS LINK … [NLT] …
… The Apostle Paul recognized his sin nature; but then also recognized that since, he had repented and surrendered to Christ that there was no condemnation of his soul.

Reference Passage : … 2Corinthians 5:17 [NLT] … 17 This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun! 
… God, thru Paul, wants Christians to know that we are being made over into the newness of Christ’s images.

Reference Passage : … Philippians 1:6 [NLT] … 6 And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns. 
 … Paul, taught fellow Christians that God’s Spirit was going to complete the work in us of remaking our image into that of Christlikeness.

Reference Passage : … 1John 3:2 [NLT] … 2 Dear friends, we are already God’s children, but He has not yet shown us what we will be like when Christ appears. But we do know that we will be like him, for we will see him as he really is. 
… One day, in Heaven, we will be completely be made over into the image of Christ; but now we’re under construction.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Adam Holz, relates a personal observation about his spiritual life being compared to a paved road under continual need of repair. … The ODB author wrote: They just repaved this road, [see photo] I thought to myself as the traffic slowed. Now they’re tearing it up again! Then I wondered, Why is road construction never done? I mean, I’ve never seen a sign proclaiming, “The paving company is finished. Please enjoy this perfect road.” 
But something similar is true in my spiritual life. Early in my faith, I imagined reaching a moment of maturity when I’d have it all figured out, when I’d be “smoothly paved.” Thirty years later, I confess I’m still “under construction.” Just like the perpetually potholed roads I drive, I never seem to be “finished” either. Sometimes that can feel equally frustrating. 

I don’t know about you, my fellow Christian; but I totally identify with the Apostle Paul in the reference passages above, … especially Romans 7 where Paul admits his soul weakness, with God’s law continually revealing to us Christians the brokenness of our sin nature. But Paul also recognized, as we should by praising the Lord, for the newness of God’s Spirit in our souls [see Rom. 8:1-2, 2Cor. 5:17, Phil. 1:6], making us over into the image of Christlikeness.

Yes, we’re still sinners; but now, having repented and surrendered to Christ as Lord, and following Him as King Jesus, we know that we are, like the repaving of broken roads (see photo), being redone into the smooth perfection of Christ’s image.

Do I sense you readers joining me with a robust Hallelujah!!!

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for redoing me into Your image. 
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me to PRAISE THE LORD for His Spirit doing a make-over of our soul. Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: