Friday, May 29, 2020

May 29, 2020 … How Great Is Our God!!

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 150 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in images, song and lyrics from Chris Tomlin singingHow Great Is Our God … poignantly singing of the vastness and greatness of our God.

Astronauts viewing Earth from the Moon

=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Jeremiah 31:33 [NLT] ...  33 “But this is the new covenant I will make with the people of Israel after those days,” says the Lord. “I will put my instructions deep within them, and I will write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. 
… God’s great plan to redeem His people from their sin.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Jeremiah 31:33-37 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God, thru Jeremiah, declaring His New Covenant to come with God’s people.
==============

Reference Passage : … Genesis 1:1, 31 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God viewed the wonder of His own creation and declared its vastness as “GOOD.”

Reference Passage : … Psalm 104:1-8 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… The Psalmist sings of God’s greatness as our Creator.

Reference Passage : … Isaiah 45:7 [NLT] … 7   I create the light and make the darkness. I send good times and bad times. I, the Lord, am the One who does these things. 
… God, thru Isaiah, declares His own greatness.

Reference Passage : … Colossians 1:15-16 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Paul teaches of Christ being the visible, … human, … image of our great, invisible, God, … the One Who created all things for His own glory.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Xochitl Dixon, uses an astronaut’s view of earth from the moon to help him see the vastness of our God. … The ODB author wrote: After astronauts set the Eagle down in the Sea of Tranquility, Neil Armstrong said, “That’s one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.” He was the first human to walk on the surface of the moon. Other space travelers followed, including the commander of the last Apollo mission, Gene Cernan. “There I was, and there you are, the Earth—dynamic, overwhelming, and I felt . . . it was just too beautiful to happen by accident,” Cernan said. [see photo] “There has to be somebody bigger than you and bigger than me.” Even from their unique view in deep space, these men understood their smallness in comparison to the vastness of the universe. 

How often do we pray to our God, … forgetting how GREAT He really is? This morning, when I may assume we lifted our voices to The Creator of the vastness we see in heavens, like the astronauts seeing the earth from the moon (see photo), do we really recognize just how BIG and GREAT is our God?

Personally, … I’m convicted that, all too often, I see myself as WAY TOO BIG; and I think of my God as way too small. But this morning I’m inspired, by my time in God’s word (see Scriptures above) and from Chris Tomlin’s song, to remember and recognize that we serve a God so vast and great that He created all we see in the heavens with just His word. And to that end, I bow and pray to my wondrous and magnificent LORD.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for reminding me today of Your greatness.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me, to recognize the wondrous greatness of the God we serve. Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: