Tuesday, May 19, 2020

May 19, 2020 … Following By Faith

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 140 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in images, song and lyrics from Kristyn and Keith Getty singing By Faith … poignantly singing of how we, as Christians, must obediently walk God’s path by faith.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Psalm 1:6 [NLT] ...   6  For the Lord watches over the path of the godly, but the path of the wicked leads to destruction. 
… Choosing the right path can be challenging at times, can’t it?
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Psalm 1 [NLT] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… We get to choose which path we take … God’s or the worlds!
==============

Reference Passage : … Psalm 119:105 [NLT] … 105  Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path. 
 … Knowing and following God’s word will never lead us astray in life.

Reference Passage : … Psalm 139:23-24 [NLT] … 23  Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. 24  Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life. 
… A good prayer to start any day !!!

Reference Passage : … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… We must trust that God is leading toward His path in life and avoid choices where we follow self rather than the Savior.

Reference Passage : … John 14:6 [NLT] … 6 …  “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. 
… Jesus to His disciples (and us), shows that the only path to the Father must be to humbly and obediently follow Him.

Reference Passage : … Hebrews 11:1 [NLT] … 1 Faith shows the reality of what we hope for; it is the evidence of things we cannot see. 
 … The righteous walk by faith and not by sight.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Glenn Packiam, relates a personal reflection of following God’s path by faith. … The ODB author wrote: With no cell service and no trail map, we had just our memory of a fixed map at the trailhead to guide us. More than an hour later, we finally emerged from the woods into the parking lot. Having missed the turn-off that would have made for a half-mile hike, we took a much longer trek. Life can be like that: we have to ask not simply if something is right or wrong, but where it will lead. 

Sometimes our path in life can be difficult, can’t it? And there will be forks in the road where we must choose the route we take [see photo]. That’s why having a memory of God’s way - His right path in life - burned in our hearts is essential to guide us when we meet those forks in our path.

I pray that those reading with me here agree - and follow - God’s clear commands and directions, found in His word, to follow Him in life; … so that we’ll be able to take the right (and righteous) paths, … faithfully following our King Jesus to where He - and only He - can lead us.

And that’s why you find me here every morning burning God’s roadmap (i.e., His word) into my mind/heart; so that when I’m confronted with those forks in the road, I’ll be able to choose the right way … HIS WAY!

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for giving me Your roadmap to follow in life.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me, as David sang in Ps. 139:23-24, to pray for God to show us the right way - HIs way - today. Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: