Tuesday, May 12, 2020

May 12, 2020 … God’s Unfailing Love

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 133 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in images, song and lyrics from Chris Tomlin singing Unfailing Love … poignantly singing of God’s unfailing love to which is ALWAYS there for us as His children.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: 2Samuel 22:7 [NLT] ...    7  But in my distress I cried out to the Lord; yes, I cried to my God for help. He heard me from His sanctuary; … my cry reached His ears. 
… David declares his thankfulness for God’s unfailing love saving David from King Saul’s pursuit [see also Ps 18:6].
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: 2Samuel 22:1-7, 17-20 [NLT] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… God’s historical word records David’s song, proclaiming the truth of God’s unfailing love which saved David from the deathly pursuits of King Saul.
==============

Reference Passage : … Psalm 18:6 [NLT] … 6  But in my distress I cried out to the Lord;  yes, I prayed to my God for help. He heard me from His sanctuary; my cry to him reached His ears. 
… King David, in song, reflects on how God heard his prayers and saved him from King Saul’s pursuits.

Reference Passage : … Lamentations 3:22-23 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God, thru Jeremiah, promises His faithful love being there ALWAYS for His children.

Reference Passage : … John 13:35-35 [NLT] … 34 So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. 35 Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.” 
… God, thru His Son, Jesus, demands that we love others the way HE loves us.

Reference Passage : … Revelation 3:20 [NLT] … 20 “Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends. … “ 
… Jesus declares His eternal desire to show His love and fellowship with us … IF … we’re willing to let Him into our hearts.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Anne Cetas, relates a story about the family love experienced by a young man in Africa. … The ODB author wrote: Saydee and his family have an “open arms and open home” philosophy. People are always welcome in their home, “especially those who are in distress,” he says. That’s the kind of household he had growing up in Liberia with his nine siblings. Their parents always welcomed others into their family. He says, “We grew up as a community. We loved one another. Everybody was responsible for everybody. My dad taught us to love each other, care for each other, protect each other.” 

And that’s the kind of intentional, unconditional, unfailing love which God ALWAYS offers to those of us that are surrendered to Him as Lord and Savior, isn’t it? And it’s the kind of love which the young anointed King David experienced from God when King Saul was trying to kill David. And David wrote about it in song (see both 2Sam. 22 and Ps. 18).

And it’s God’s unfailing love, sung about by Chris Tomlin in the linked song, which I pray all reading here know about and experience in our relationship with Jesus EVERY DAY. It’s there for us … ALWAYS … (see Lam. 3:22 and Rev. 3:20). We just need to open the doors of our hearts to let our Savior in to receive His love today; … and then reach out, as He has commanded us (see John 13:34-35) to love others the way He has loved us.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for always being there with Your love.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me to let God’s love into our hearts today. Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: