Wednesday, May 27, 2020

May 27, 2020 … Why Me, Lord?!

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 148 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from the Gaither Vocal Band singingWhy Me, Lord … poignantly singing of why Jesus would allow sinners such as you and me to experience any of God’s blessings.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Job 7:20 [NLT] ...  20  If I have sinned, what have I done to you, O watcher of all humanity? Why make me your target? Am I a burden to you? 
 … Job, after showing strong faith in God during Job’s tragedies, finally comes to God with confusion?
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Job 7:17-21 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Job finally admits his confusion to God, seeking answers for his “Why Me” questions. 
==============

Reference Passage : … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God, thru Solomon, charges us to trust Him, … yes, even when we’re confused or confounded by the circumstances of life.

Reference Passage : … Isaiah 41:10 [NLT] … 10  Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. 
… God wants His people to know that He will always be there to lift us up when we’re confused or feeling down and discouraged.

Reference Passage : … Habakkuk 1:2-3 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Habakkuk comes to God with his confusion as to the injustices he sees around him.

Reference Passage : … Matthew 26:36-46 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Even Jesus had his moments of quandary about His Father’s plan to save mankind as He prayed in the Garden for God to lift “His cup” from Him.

Reference Passage : … 2Corinthians 12:9 [NLT] … 9 Each time He said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. 
 … Jesus promises Paul (and us) to provide us with the grace to deal with any “WHY ME” moments in life.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Mart DeHaan, discloses the odds of going thru various tragedies to illustrate how easy it is to wonder why God would allow such trials into our individual lives. … The ODB author wrote: The Book of Odds says that one in a million people are struck by lightning. It also says that one in 25,000 experiences a medical condition called “broken heart syndrome” in the face of overwhelming shock or loss. In page after page the odds of experiencing specific problems pile up without answering: What if we’re the one? 

We all have those “WHY ME” moments in life, don’t we? And when we Christians hit the wall of confusion, we might look to Job’s journal of confusion (see highlight passage), … Job coming to God with all that had happened to this Godly man. And there were others in the Bible who had their “WHY ME” moments, … like Habakkuk, who journaled his confusion and quandary to God in Hab. 1:2-3. Even Jesus had His own “WHY ME” moment in the Garden of Gethsemane, didn’t He (see Matt. 26)?

But God helps us in these moments of confusion with His challenge to trust Him (see Prov. 3:5-6); and to realize that He promises to ALWAYS be there to lift us up when we’re having a “WHY ME” moment (see Is. 41:10). And perhaps we should also turn our “WHY ME” feelings around, as do what the Gaithers sing about in the linked song above, … asking WHY would Jesus allow us sinners to even have any moments of God’s blessing with what we’ve done to God in our sinful lives.

So, let’s all be thankful that God’s grace and mercy are extended to us today; and realize that God’s grace is enough to give us the strength to deal with all the “WHY ME” moments in life [see 2Cor. 12:9].

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for the grace You show me to help me deal with the WHY ME moments in my life.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me, to seek after and receive God’s grace today to deal with any WHY ME moments in life. Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: