Tuesday, May 26, 2020

May 26, 2020 … His Word So Sweet

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 147 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics an anonymous praise group singing an arrangement of Psalm 19, entitled Sweeter Than Honey … poignantly singing from a song of King David of how sweet and pure is the word of God.

God's word ... so, so sweet !!!

=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Proverbs 16:23-24 [NLT] ...  23  From a wise mind comes wise speech; the words of the wise are persuasive. 24  Kind words are like honey — sweet to the soul and healthy for the body. 
… And the wisdom we get from God’s word is the sweetest we can taste.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Proverbs 16:1-2, 21-24 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God’s wisdom, thru His word, is sweeter than honey.
==============

Reference Passage : … Psalm 19:7-14 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… King David sings of the sweetness and power of God’s truth for the life of the believer.

Reference Passage : … Psalm 119:103 [NLT] … 103  How sweet your words taste to me; they are sweeter than honey. 
 … The Psalmist sings of how sweet God’s truth was to his taste and his life.

Reference Passage : … Isaiah 55:11 [NLT] … 11  It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it. 
… God thru the Prophet, Isaiah, promises the fruitfulness we can expect when we take in and share God’s word.

Reference Passage : … Ephesians 4:29 [NLT] … 29 Don’t use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them. 
… God thru Paul, showing us how we should use our words … as He uses His.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Patricia Raybon, shows how the power of the words we use can shape the emotional reception of those who hear what we say. … The ODB author wrote: His topic was racial tension. Yet the speaker remained calm and collected. Standing on stage before a large audience, he spoke boldly—but with grace, humility, kindness, and even humor. Soon the tense audience visibly relaxed, laughing along with the speaker about the dilemma they all faced: how to resolve their hot issue, but cool down their feelings and words. Yes, how to tackle a sour topic with sweet grace. 

Hey, fellow Christian, … did either of your parents every say to you, … ”If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all.” … Well that was my mother’s repeated exhortation for me when I was growing up. And it was about the same from the Apostle Paul to fellow Christians in Eph. 4:29, warning them (and us) to avoid using corrupted, sinful, communications; but rather saying only those things which convey the sweetness of God’s love and grace to others.

Decades ago, when I was saved from a life of angry atheism, God’s word seemed at first like a sour ball to me. But a mentor helped me to take in God’s truth thru His word and savor its sweetness [see Prov. 16:24]. And over the years, as in the Psalms and Scriptures above, God’s word became sweeter and sweeter to me, … to the point I would say that I’ve become addicted to its sweetness, … here every morning, starting each day with my dose of sweet, Godly wisdom.

And I do pray that my readers here come back each morning - or at least regularly - to take in the sweetness of God’s truth as the psalmists sang about it in Ps. 19 and 119. My friend, it will become sweeter than honey for you, … as it has for me.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for another taste of Your sweetness, dripping from the honeycomb of Your word this morning.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me, to sample the sweetness of God’s truth today … and tomorrow!! Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: