Saturday, March 12, 2022

March 12, 2022 … God’s Love Song

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 71 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...    Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Cece Winans singing … Goodness of God …  poignantly singing back to God of His love and mercy and grace. 


Singing of his love for his bride ... 

==============

Highlight Passage: … Zephaniah 3:17 [NLT] …   

17 For the Lord your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior.  He will take delight in you with gladness.  With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.”  

… The Prophet declares that our God will one day sing over His bride with songs of joy.              

===============

Highlight Passage [Context]: … Zephaniah 3:9-17[NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… God will one day sing joyfully of the redemption of His people                                             

===============                                              .                                           


Highlight Passage [Context]: … Psalm 95:1-2  [NLT] …   

1  Come, let us sing to the Lord! Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation.  2  Let us come to him with thanksgiving. Let us sing psalms of praise to him. 

… God, thru His Psalmist, calls on His beloved to sing songs of praise to Him. 


Highlight Passage [Context]: … 1Corinthians 14:15  [NLT] …   

15 Well then, what shall I do? I will pray in the spirit, and I will also pray in words I understand. I will sing in the spirit, and I will also sing in words I understand.  

… Paul declares his choice to honor God’s love by singing praises to Him.   


Highlight Passage [Context]: … Ephesians 5:18-19  [NLT] …   

18 Don’t be drunk with wine, because that will ruin your life. Instead, be filled with the Holy Spirit, 19 singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs among yourselves, and making music to the Lord in your hearts. 

… Paul calls on fellow Christian together to soberly lift songs of praise to the Lord.  


Highlight Passage [Context]: … James 5:13b  [NLT] …   

13 Is anyone cheerful?  Let him sing praise!  

… Jesus’ brother calls on fellow Christians to share their joy to the Lord in song.    


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Sheridan Voysey, … AT THIS LINK tells of seeing an elderly couple, the older husband, in their native language, with no embarrassment, singing a love song to his dear wife for any and all to hear. (see photo)             


God’s word (see Scriptures above) often shows God, thru Prophets like Zephaniah (see highlight passage) and Authors like the Apostle Paul and Jesus’ brother, James, calling on God’s people - like you and me - who know of God’s love for us, to sing our praises back to the Lord.   And that’s why each day when I publish this devotional blog, I ALWAYS find a song to help me express the joy I feel in knowing how much my Bridegroom, Jesus, loves His Bride [i.e., the Church]; … and that’s me and you dear one as we have given over our hearts to our Lord. 


So, I hope all reading here with me can stop and listen to the linked song, and maybe even sing along with Cece Winans, about God’s love for us, as we realize that all we read in God’s word is His love letter - really His love song - that He writes/sings to those of us who love Him.     


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for singing Your truth for me in Your word every day.      

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to sing our praises back to You, Lord, for the song of love You give to us in Your word.   Amen 


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: