Wednesday, March 02, 2022

March 2, 2022 … His Gifts for His Glory

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 61 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...    Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Chris Tomlin singing … Gifts From God …  poignantly singing of how God gives all His children gifts that they (we) can use to serve one another an glorify the Father.  



==============

Highlight Passage: … 1Peter 4:10 [NLT] …  

10 God has given each of you a gift from His great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another.  

… Peter exhorts fellow Christians to use the gifts/talents God has given each believer to serve on another and thereby glorify God.            

===============

Highlight Passage [Context]: … 1Peter 4:7-11 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Paul shows fellow dispersed and persecuted Christians to use the Spiritual gift or gifts God has given them to equip and help each other.                                         

==========                                              .                                           


Highlight Passage [Context]: … Romans 12:6-8  [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK  

… God, thru Paul, teaches fellow Christians about God’s Spirit giving each born-again Christian a special gift (or gifts) which can - and should be - used to serve others for God’s glory.    


Highlight Passage [Context]: … 1Corinthians 12:4-11  [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK  

God, thru Paul, repeats his clear teaching and truth about the use of God’s Spirit-imparted gifting which should be used by Christians to serve others and glorify our Heavenly Father in the process 


Highlight Passage [Context]: … Ephesians 4:11-16  [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK  

Paul repeats His charge to fellow Christians to use their (our) Spirit-given gifts for the Body or Christ.              


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Patricia Raybon… AT THIS LINK  writes of the work of renown British actor, David Suchet, who had come to know Christ by reading the Book of Romans in a hotel room Bible; and how Suchet considered his crowning achievement as an actor was to use his gifts/talents to record the entire Bible for audio distribution …. all 752,702 words, … which Suchet viewed as God’s calling to glorify the Father thru this project.           


If you believe, as I do, in the veracity of Scripture, then reading and meditating on God’s teaching in the Scriptures, thru Paul and Peter above, about Spiritual gifts, you must feel, as do I, some degree of conviction or stirring to answer the question “Am I using my spiritual gifts or God’s imparted talents for His glory today?” 


I believe I will be today.  In fact just writing this blog uses two of my gifts of teaching and encouragement.  And I pray I can do even more to use what God has given me to serve His Body, the Church, today … and on into tomorrow.   And I pray that you know what your Spiritual gifting is and you’ll be searching today, and into the future, to glorify God with your gifts.        


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for giving me gifts that I can use every day for Your glory.  

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to choose to use our Spiritual gifting to glory You as our Lord and Savior. …     Amen 


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: