Sunday, March 27, 2022

March 27, 2022 … Humbly Following Christ

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 86


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Clay Crosse, Bob Carlisle, and Bebe Winans singing … I Will Follow Christ … powerfully singing of how we must humbly surrender and follow Christ no matter what we face in life.  




==============

Highlight Passage [Context]: … 1Peter 5:6-7 [NLT] …  

So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time He will lift you up in honor. Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you.     

… Peter shows fellow persecuted Christians the secret to having His power; and that is humility before His throne of grace. 

Highlight Passage [Context]: … 1Peter 5:6-11 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… God, thru Peter helps oppressed and persecuted Christians to realize that they only have power to resist persecution thru the power God gives us when we humble ourselves to Him.        

===============  


Highlight Passage [Context]: … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] … 

5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.  6 Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take. 

… God, thru Solomon, promises God’s blessing to those who’re willing to humbly surrender and follow Him rather than trying to take control and do life on our own.


Highlight Passage [Context]: … Isaiah 41:10 [NLT] … 

10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. <

… God, thru Isaiah, promises to give believers, humbled before God, His strength to cover our weaknesses.  


Highlight Passage [Context]: … John 16:33 [NLT] … 

33 I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”  

… Jesus teaches His disciples, in their fears, to rely on Him in the times of fear/doubt they will face in life, … advice we should take in our trials.  


Highlight Passage [Context]: … 2Corinthians 12: 9-10 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… Paul remembered Jesus’ teaching about providing, thru His empowering grace, all believers in the Lord would need to cover our weaknesses.           


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Bill Crowder… AT THIS LINK   … quotes Abraham Lincoln. under all the pressures and stress of a broken nation involved in Civil War, saying, … “I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. My own wisdom and that of all about me seemed insufficient for that day.”  It shows a leader, humbled, to go to God in the worst trials of life, just as we should be in our trials, seeking God’s strength in surrendering to follow His will.  

Today’s ODB entry is showing us the way to go when we feel too weak to handle the pressures and stresses of life.  And that way is NOT our own way (see Prov. 3:5-6.  No, … the linked song sings of the way we must go when we feel like President Lincoln felt in The Civil War; and that is do what Clay Crosse and his friends sing in that song; and that is to humbly surrender and follow Christ.  


And so, that is why I’m stopping to pray for all of us reading here today; … that we go to God and humbly seek our Lord’s empowering and saving grace, as Peter did in the Highlight passage and Paul did in 2Cor. 12:9-10 when he was confronted with his thorn in the flesh.  But will we humble ourselves to pray like that; … oh, how I pray we do?     

 

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, …giving me Your empowering grace when I’m willing to humble myself to receive it.     

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to seek and follow Your way, Lord, and be in surrender to Your will and Your ways.     Amen 


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: