Friday, July 29, 2022

July 29, 2022 … God’s Goodness and Mercy Everyday …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 210 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Chris Tomlin singing … Goodness, Love, and Mercy … poignantly singing from Psalm 23 about God’s goodness, love, and mercy following the born-again believer all the days of our lives.  



==============

Highlight Passage: … Psalm 23:6 [NLT] …  

Surely Your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever.  

  God’s goodness, love, and mercy will follow the faithful believer all the days of their (our) lives.    


Highlight Passage (Context): … Psalm 23 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK  

  King David sings of God being his GOOD SHEPHERD.                                                            ===============                                                             


Reference Passage: … Isaiah 53:6 [NLT] … 

All of us, like sheep, have strayed away.  We have left God’s paths to follow our own.  Yet the Lord laid on Him the sins of us all. 

God, thru the Prophet, Isaiah, shows that the Messiah, thru His mercy and grace, will take the sins of His wayward sheep on Himself.  


Reference Passage: … Lamentations 3:22-23 [NLT] … 

22 The faithful love of the Lord never ends!  His mercies never cease.  23 Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each morning.  

God’s love and mercies never end and follow the faithful EVERY DAY.    


Reference Passage: … John 10:14-15 [NLT] … 

14 “I am the good shepherd; I know my own sheep, and they know me, 15 just as my Father knows me and I know the Father. So I sacrifice my life for the sheep. 

Jesus declares that He is the Good Shepherd, willing to sacrifice His life for His sheep. 


Reference Passage: … Titus 3:5 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK  

Paul teaches truth about God’s mercy and grace pursuing and saving us, not by anything we have done or could do. 


Reference Passage: … Revelation 3:20 [NLT] … 

20 “Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends. 

All we need to do EVERYDAY is to open the door and let Jesus’ mercy and sanctifying grace come into our lives. 

                                                                                

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Patricia Rayon … AT THIS LINK  describes how plain-clothes security employees follow suspicious customers in a clothing store to be sure that they were not trying to steal from the store.    


And in somewhat the same way - but with vastly different motives - our Lord is faithful as our Good Shepherd (see highlight passage from PSALM 23), pursuing and following His sheep (i.e., His flock) and providing them (us) with His loving and merciful grace in order to save His flock (see Scriptures above).  


Our Lord, as our Good Shepherd, is relentless in His pursuit, … providing us with His saving and sanctifying mercy and grace.  All we need to do is be in surrender and let Him lead us.  And I’m praying that all reading here are opening the door on Jesus’ invitation - everyday - to let our Good Shepherd’s mercy and grace lead us today and then again tomorrow.     


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for providing us with Your never-ending love, mercy, and grace.      

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to follow our Lord as He invites is to receive the mercy and grace He has for His faithful followers everyday.  … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: