Tuesday, July 05, 2022

July 5, 2022 … Seeking God’s Wisdom …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 186 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Kristyn Getty singing … Perfect Wisdom of Our God … poignantly singing of how our our God, thru His creations and His word is the perfect source of our wisdom to live according to His ways.   


Seeking God's wisdom thru His word ... 


==============

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  Proverbs 2:6 [NLT] …  

 For the Lord grants wisdom! From His mouth come knowledge and understanding.   

  Solomon shows the source of all wisdom is the word of God.                     


Highlight Passage [Context]: … Proverbs 2:1-11 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… God, thru Solomon, writes on the benefits of Godly wisdom.                                                       ===============                                 


Reference Passage: …  Proverbs 3:13 [NLT] …  

13 Blessed is the one who finds wisdom, and the one who gets understanding. 

… God’s promise thru Solomon for His blessing on those who seek and apply God’s wisdom the life.


Reference Passage: …  Isaiah 55:11 [NLT] … 

11 It is the same with my word.  I send it out, and it produces fruit.  It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it.   

… God, thru Isaiah, shows the benefit of knowing and following God’s word. 


Reference Passage: …  Colossians 3:16a [NLT] …  

16 Let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill your lives. Teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom He gives. … 

… Paul exhorts fellow Christians to seek God’s wisdom to lead our lives.     


Reference Passage: …  James 1:5 [NLT] …  

If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and He will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. 

… James shows that we glean our wisdom from God, Who is willing to give You his wisdom in abundance. 

                                                                                

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Amy Boucher Pie … AT THIS LINK  writes about Julian of Norwich, who wrote in the 14th century of an experience which led her to understand a revelation which led her alone on a two decade search for God’s wisdom.  


I hope all reading with me here know and understand the importance of seeking wisdom from God, … thru His creation, … but primarily thru His word.  And if my readers have taken in the linked song and the Scriptures above, I hope you see, as I was convicted, that we need to do all we can to glean God’s wisdom and to follow it in our lives.  


We don’t need to separate ourselves from the world as did Julian of Norwich in her search for wisdom.  NO, as we’re led by God’s word, all we need to do is seek God’s will and His ways by praying for our Lord to give us His wisdom in and thru His word.  Because when we do, our God wills show us His will and His ways in abundance.  


And that’s why you find me here, … everyday, … beginning my day, by seeking my God’s wisdom thru His word.  And I pray you do as well.         


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … show me Your way, the way of Wisdom, and I will follow You again today. 

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to seek Your wisdom, Lord, from Your word today and tomorrow.  … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK n the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site

No comments: