Wednesday, April 20, 2022

April 20, 2022 …Obeying Is Loving God

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 110 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from the Maranatha Singers, worshipping God and singing  I Love You Lord … poignantly singing.of the desire all true Christians should have that our Lord will see the way we live as a joyful love song in His ears.. 



==============

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  John 14:15 [NLT] … 

15 If you love me, obey my commandments.   

… Jesus command to His disciples in the upper room, to show their love - for the rest of their lives - by obeying His commands.                    


Highlight Passage [Context]: … John 14:15-21 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… Jesus commands His 12 disciples (and us now) to obey His commands IF we love Him as our Lord and Messiah.                                                                    

===============    


Reference Passage: … Psalm 119:1-8 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… King David sings of his desire for God’s blessing by obeying God’s word.  


Reference Passage: … Matthew 7:21 [NLT] … 

21 “Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. …”   

… Jesus teaches that only those who obey and do the will of God will enter glory with Him.


Reference Passage: … Luke 9:23 [NLT] … 

23 Then He said to the crowd, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross daily, and follow me.  

… Jesus commands that if we are to call ourselves DISCIPLES of His, we must deny our selfish motives and obey Him in dealing with the daily challenges in life.                 


Reference Passage: … Luke 11:28 [NLT] … 

28 Jesus replied, “But even more blessed are all who hear the word of God and put it into practice.” 

… Jesus pronounces blessing on any/all who hear God’s word the follow It obediently.                                                                     

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Xochitl Dixon … AT THIS LINK wrote about mourning the loss of a dear friend to mutual differences, but was reminded, by a book by C.S. Lewis, of Jesus being willing to forgive and restore Peter with love and grace even after Peter had denied His Lord three times [on your own see John 21:15-19]..    


The point being made by the ODB entry is that loving something or someone dearly is risky business; and only when someone is willing to forgive and let go of past misgivings can one hold onto the love in a relationship.  Jesus was (and is) willing to forgive our failings.  Are we willing to follow Him as as loving disciple, … willing to do all we can to obey and follow Him (see Scriptures above).  


I know it’s risky.  But I’m willing today to do all I can to deny myself and follow Him (see Luke 9:23.  How about you?               


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … being willing to forgive my past disobedience.         

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to do all we can today, Lord, … to obey Your word and follow You.       Amen 


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: