Tuesday, April 05, 2022

April 5, 2022 … God Working In Us

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 95 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ... </b>   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from the lead singer of Hillsong Worship singing  You Are My Strength … poignantly singing of how God uses His strength to work in and thru us for His Glory.    



==============

Highlight Passage [Context]: … Psalm 139:23-24  [NLT] …  

3 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.24 Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.  

… King David’s song in prayer for God to lead him to work for His God for al of his life.      


Highlight Passage [Context]: … Psalm 139:13-24 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… King David sings of surrendering all of himself to let His all powerful God to work in his life.                                                          

===============    


Reference Passage: … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… God, thru Solomon, calls believers to trust God to lead us thru life for His glory.    


Reference Passage: … John 14:12 [NLT] … 

12 “I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father. 

…Jesus shows His disciples that He will give them His Spirit to give them [and us] the power to do His works after He leaves His disciples (including us) to be with His Heavenly Father.     


Reference Passage: … Philippians 1:6 [NLT] … 

And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue His work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.   

… Paul shares his confidence that God is completing and doing a good work within and thru all who believe in Him.


Reference Passage: … Galatias 2:20 [NLT] … 

20 My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.  

… Paul shows his confidence that God is working in and thru his life for Gold’s glory.  


Reference Passage: … Ephesians 2:10 [NLT] … 

10 For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things He planned for us long ago.  

… Paul strongly declares for fellow Christians that we are created to do good things (i.e., works) for God’s glory.   


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Kenneth Peterson … AT THIS LINK  … wrote of how the great 19th century English preacher, Charles Spurgeon, who wrestled with knowing God early in life, finally, in surrendering to serve the Lord was quoted to say,  “Long before I began with Christ, He began with me.”


And those were the thoughts of King David, singing about His God working in/thru him in Psalm 139:23-24, singing a prayer that I pray every morning to start my day, … that my God will take away all my wicked thoughts and lead ms to be used for His glory.  


And those of us who claim to be disciples of Christ should know (thru Jesus’ promise in John 14:12) that our Lord, King Jesus, has promised to work thru us to do His work on earth. And His word promises repetitively, thru Paul (see Pauline Scriptures above), that our Lord has sent His Spirit to dwell within as His true disciples to do His good works in/thru us for His glory. 


So, … what will we be doing today to show off God’s strength and His power working thru us?


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for leading my ways today to do Your works.      

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to seek out ways to do whatever we do, Lord, … for Your glory.       Amen 


=============

Blogger Note Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: