Sunday, April 24, 2022

April 24, 2022 … Feeling “Dusty” Today

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 114 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Kristyn Getty singing  Compassion Hymn … poignantly singing.of how our Lord extends His mercy, grace, and compassion to those who love and serve Him.  


God's loving compassion for His children ... 

==============

Highlight Passage [Context]: … Psalm 103:13-14 [NLT] …  

13 The LORD is like a father to his children, tender and compassionate to those who fear Him. 14 For He knows how weak we are; He remembers we are dust. 

… King David sings of compassionate/caring Father.                   


Highlight Passage [Context]: … Psalm 103:13-16 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… Paul, inspired by God’s Spirit, exhorts fellow Christians to exercise the power found in Christian unity.                                                                        

===============      


Reference Passage: … Psalm 86:15 [NLT] … 

1  But You, O Lord, are a God of compassion and mercy, slow to anger and filled with unfailing love and faithfulness.     

… King David again sings of our loving and merciful God.


Reference Passage: … Lamentations 3:22-23 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

…God, thru Jeremiah, shows His children (and us too1) that His mercies are extended to us every day.  


Reference Passage: … 2Corinthians 12:9-10 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

…Paul shows that God’s empowering grace is sufficient to cover  our weaknesses.                  


Reference Passage: … 1Peter 5:7 [NLT] … 

Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you.    

… Peter helps oppressed Christians realize that we can take our cares to God because He ALWAYS cares for His children.                                                                        

 

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Arthur Jackson … AT THIS LINK  wrote of a ministry friend, who made reference to the physical challenges of his aging life by saying that he was ‘feeling dusty,” … a reference to the reality that we are born of “the dust” and will return to it thru our aging years.  


I don’t know about you here reading with me; but I’m feeling “pretty dusty” today.  But I know and trust that I serve a caring and compassionate God Who will provide His loving mercy and empowering grace to help me deal with the aches/pains of life. 


So, I pray that all here with me recognize that our God cares for His children and will even extend His sufficient grace to cover our weakness when we’re willing to lean on Him in times of struggle or pain.  Take in and meditate on the scriptures above, my friends, … especially if you’re feeling a bit “dusty” as I am today.               


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for Your grace with covers my weakness.          

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to cast all our cares on You, Lord, because You care for us.   Amen 


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: