Friday, September 11, 2020

Sept 11, 2020   Freedom In Christ   


Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 255


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...     Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Jesus Culture singing … Freedom … powerfully singing of the freedom that is available to anyone who comes to believe in, surrender to, and worship Christ as Lord and Savior. 


Moses make a frightening ... but WONDERFUL ... discovery !! 


==============

Highlight Passage:  Exodus 3:10 …  [ESV] ... 

10 Come, I will send you to Pharaoh that you may bring my people, the children of Israel, out of Egypt.”  

    God, fearfully, yet wonderfully, charges Moses to go and be the deliverer of God’s people in Egypt. 

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …   Exodus 3:1-10 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK … 

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus+3%3A1-10&version=ESV

  Moses makes the fearful discovery of God sending him to free God’s people in Egypt. 

=============

  

Reference Passage: …  Psalm 34:17 [ESV] …   

<i> 17  When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles.</i>

  God hears the cries of those delivered in the righteousness by The Messiah to freedom from our troubles.   


Reference Passage: … John 8:31-32 [ESV] …   

<i> 31 So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, 32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” </i>

  Jesus declares the truth that only in/thru Him are we set free from our selves. 


Reference Passage: … Galatias 5:1 [ESV] …   

<i> For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.  </i>

  In Christ we find God’s promised freedom; but only if we stand with/for Him in life. 


Reference Passage: … James 4:7 [ESV] …   

<i> Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. </i>

  When we’re in surrender to Christ, He will allow us to resist and be free of Satan … no matter what the circumstances. 


My Devotional Journal: Today's Our Daily Bread author, Tim Gustafson, AT THIS LINK  relates the story of the frightening discovery of the Carlsbad Caverns in 19th century, and comparing it to Moses’ discovery of the burning bush, to illustrate how it can be frightening to realize what it takes to become free from ourselves in Christ.   


I don’t know about my fellow readers; but the discovery of the truth of Christ almost 4 decades ago for this lost believer was something like Moses discovering that burning bush [see photo], … frightening.  And it was frightening because I came to realize that I was going to have to surrender myself to Jesus and follow Him to freedom and then, like Moses was called, I would be called to show others to freedom in Christ (see Matt 28:19-20).  

But when one - ANYONE - discovers that truth and surrenders to it, they [we] discover what is sung about in the linked song and what God’s word shares with believers in the Scriptures above … FREEDOM!! … And I pray that all reading here with me have discovered that reality of that promise of God.  If you haven’t, email me (at billb13@bellsouth.net) and I’ll do all I can to help you find it.   

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for showing me the way to freedom from myself.  

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me today, to share the freedom we have in Christ with others. … Amen


Blogger Note ... Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries ... If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: