Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Sept 29, 2020 … More Clearly Than Ever

 Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 273 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from the Maranatha Singers singing … Open the Eyes of My Heart … poignantly singing of how we Christians need to do all we can to open our spiritual eyes to see our Lord high and lifted up.  


Anamorphic Art

==============

Highlight Passage:  Psalm 119:18 [ESV] ... 

18  Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of your law. 

    The Psalmist sings of how God’s truth opens his eyes to the wondrous things of life. 

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context] : …   Psalm 119:18, 97-104 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK … 

… The Psalmist in Psalm 119 sings of the understand and clarity he has be meditating in God’s word.   

=============

           

Reference Passage: …  Matthew 13:10-16   [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK  

… Jesus explains why He spoke in parables … to help those who see His truth to see it more clearly. 


Reference Passage: …  John 8:31-32  [ESV] …   

31-32 So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed in Him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” <

… Jesus tries to to show repentant followers how to see more clearly to follow Him. 


Reference Passage: …  1Corinthians 11:1  [ESV] …   

Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ. 

… Paul knew that if other Christians followed Him they would be following Christ.


Reference Passage</u>: …  2Timothy 2:7  [ESV] …   

Think over what I say, for the Lord will give you understanding in everything..

… Paul wanted Timothy (and other Christians) to see that clearly that they could only see things clearly by following Christ’s way obediently.  


My Devotional Journal: Today's Our Daily Bread author, Sheridan, AT THIS LINK uses a description of anamorphic art work <b>(see photo)</b> to illustrate that one must view this type of art work from many angles to be able to see more clearly what the artist was depicting.  


And that’s true of the Bible, isn’t it?  Trying to see God’s truth more clearly and follow our Lord more closely, we need to take time and seek to follow the Lord by meditating on God’s word over-and-over-and-over again.  That’s why you find me here <u>every morning</u> beginning my day by praying for God to show Himself to me by mediating on His truth, … in order to do what He exhorted and commanded in His word <b>(see Scriptures above).</b> 

And if anyone reading here is really serious about seeking God’s way and following it more closely, I would highly recommend a life-changing book by Robert J. Morgan, entitled “Reclaiming the Lost Art of Biblical Meditation,” which can be obtained at this link.  Read this book seriously, implement its clear teaching, and you will follow Christ more clearly and closely than ever. 

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for giving me Your perfect “GPS,” in Your word, … to see Your way more clearly and follow You more closely.  

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me today, to do all we can to see God’s will and follow His way thru His word more closely than ever.     .… Amen


=====================

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: