Wednesday, September 09, 2020

Sept 9, 2020 … Following God’s Word

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 253 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from the group Hillsong singing … Your Word … poignantly singing of how God’s eternal word lights our path and gives us the power of God to deal with life’s trials.

15th Century Gutenberg Printing Press 

==============
Highlight Passage : … Proverbs 7:1, … 3 [ESV] ...  11 My son, keep my words and treasure up my commandments with you; … 3  bind them on your fingers; write them on the tablet of your heart. 
… Solomon teaches his son, as God teaches us, to imbed God’s word on our hearts so that we can follow Him more closely.
=============
Highlight Passage [Context] : … Proverbs 7:1-5 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK
… God, thru Solomon, writes of the power of God’s word to shape our lives.
=============

Reference Passage : … Psalms 119:9-11, 105-107 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK
… God, thru the Psalmist, teaches and exhorts believers on the power of God’s word to direct and reshape our lives.

Reference Passage : … Isaiah 55:11 [ESV] … 11 … so shall My word be that goes out from My mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it. 
… God, thru Isaiah, declares the purposeful power of God’s word.

Reference Passage : … 2Timothy 3:16-17 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK
… God, thru Paul, expounds on the power of God’s word to change lives.

Reference Passage : … Hebrews 4:12 [ESV] … 12 For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. 
… The Author of Hebrews (who is really God’s Spirit) declares the power of God’s word in shaping our hearts toward Godliness.

My Devotional Journal: Today's Our Daily Bread author, Kirsten Holmberg, AT THIS LINK  shares how the the 15th century invention of the printing press [see photo] changed the world by putting the printed Bible into the hands of anyone who could read it.

And now, … God’s word is even more so available to anyone with a digital device, providing access to the Internet. And as we read in the Scriptures above - that is, if you believe in their truth as I do - when God’s word goes forth for His purposes (see Is. 55:11) and it is followed diligently (see Ps. 119 passages), it empowers the life of the reader/hearer with the very power of God to live more Godly lives (see 2Timothy 3:16-17).

The questions now are … #1 … Do we believe in the truth of those Scriptures above; and #2, … if we do, are we doing what God says [see highlight passage] … i.e., to implant His truth in our hearts … so that we can follow them to live more Christlike lives. That’s why I’m here every morning, writing from God’s word and sharing what He shares with me and learning more of how to follow Him more closely. What’s your reason for being here with me?

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for giving me Your truth to guide my life and minister to others.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me today, to use and follow God’s word as our “GPS” [i.e., “God’s Positioning System”] for life. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: