Monday, September 21, 2020

Sept 21, 2020 … More Troubles, … Really?!


Berry Patch Devotions in 2020</u> - Day 265 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ... </b>      Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Kari Jobe singing … I Am Not Alone … poignantly singing of how we, as Christians, will face trials and troubles; but we will never be alone. 


Mounting Frustration ... 

==============

Highlight Passage:  John 16:33 [ESV] ... 

33 I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”

    Jesus tries to belay the fears of His disciples … that He has - and will always - be there to be their (our) overcomer in times of trouble. 

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …   John 16:25-33 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK … 

  Jesus speaks plainly to His Disciples of the troubles they will face; but with the promise that He will be their overcomer.  

=============

           

Reference Passage: …  Proverbs 3:5-6  [ESV] …   

  Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. 6  In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths.

  We must trust in being able to lean on God in times of troubles.  


Reference Passage: …  Acts 28:20  [ESV] …   

20 …  And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” 

… Jesus promise for any/all Christians to be with us ALWAYS.   


Reference Passage: …  Romans 8:28  [ESV] …   

28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose. 

… For Christians, we must believe that ALL THINGS, … yes, even the troubles are for our good.


Reference Passage: …  James 1:2-3  [ESV] …   

Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.  

… Jesus’ brother encourages fellow Christians under oppression and persecution to count the trials as joyful in what they will produce in the trusting believer.  


Reference Passage: …  1Peter 5:5-6-7 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK  

… Peter exhorts Christians going thru oppression and trials to humbly take their [our] troubles to a caring and capable God. 


My Devotional Journal: Today's Our Daily Bread author, Adam R Holz, AT THIS LINK relates a story about someone dealing with multiple trials, topped off with a car which overheated (see photo), … a scenario, or something similar, which many of us have faced with great frustration.  

We’ve all been in a place like that, haven’t we?  We’re having “one of those days” where the troubles have piled up - almost to the breaking point; and we’re likely praying something like, … “Aw common, God, … give me a break!”  

And in moments like those, I’ve learned to have several truths and promises from God’s word stored in my heart/mind that I believe and can lean on, … trusting that God is ALWAYS there for me (Matt 28:20) … and He ALWAYS cares (1Peter 5:6-7)… and that ALL THINGS in my life are for my good (Romans 8:28). 

But do we really believe these truths?  … And are we living them out in the midst of these trying times?  

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for lifting me up these days as the troubles mount up.  

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me today, to trust that our God is always there for us as we encounter so many obstacles in these trying times.  .… Amen


===================

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: