Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Sept 23, 2020 … Always Faithful

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 267 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...       Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from the group Hillsong singing … You Are Faithful … powerfully singing of how we, as Christians, follow a faithful Lord/Savior Who will always be there to lead us to glory.  


Faithfully following a faithful Lord ... 

==============

Highlight Passage:  Deuteronomy 4:10 [ESV] ... 

10 … how on the day that you stood before the Lord your God at Horeb, the Lord said to me, ‘Gather the people to me, that I may let them hear my words, so that they may learn to fear me all the days that they live on the earth, and that they may teach their children so.’ 

    God’s people are called - by Moses - to obey the Lord’s commands because of His faithful promises.  

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …   Deuteronomy 4:1-10  [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK … 

  God’s people are reminded of their need to obey God because of His covenant faithfulness.

=============

           

Reference Passage: …  Numbers 23:19  [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK ...  

… God, again thru Moses, reminds His people that He is not like men, who will lie, … but He is ALWAYS faithful to carry out His covenant promises.  


Reference Passage: …  John 14:21  [ESV] …   

21 Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.” 

… Jesus reminds His disciples that if they truly love Him as their Messiah then they will follow His commands.   


Reference Passage<: …  1Corinthians 10:13  [ESV] …   

13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and He will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation He will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

… Paul reminds fellow Christians of God’s faithfulness in times of trial or temptation. 


Reference Passage: …  Hebrews 10:23  [ESV] …   

23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful. 

… God reminding His people (and that’s us Christians as well) to hold fast in faith to the One Who faithfully promised to save us. 


My Devotional Journal: Today's Our Daily Bread author, Xochitl Dixon, AT THIS LINK relates how she reminded her son of how God had faithfully led their family thru trials and that there was no reason to waver in faith in their more recent times of trial. 


And what a great lesson, … from God’s word in both the OT and NT, … that our God has promised to be with us and faithfully lead us thru our trials, …. something we all need to be reminding ourselves in these viral and trying times we’re living thru now.  

And I pray that we are declaring our thanks … EVERY DAY … to our faithful God, Who is still watching over us today just as faithfully as He did His people in the Old Testament.    

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for being with me today … and ALWAYS!! 

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me today, to declare a resounding ”Hallelujah”...  thanking God for His faithfulness.   .… Amen


=====================

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: