Sunday, September 13, 2020

Sept 13, 2020 … God’s Watch-care


Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 257 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...    Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from The Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir singing … <b><i>My Help</b></i> … poignantly singing from Psalm 121 of how God is ever present watching over and protecting His Children.



==============

Highlight Passage:  1Thessalonians 5:14 …  [ESV] ... 

<i>  15 Then the Lord said to him, “Not so! If anyone kills Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold.” And the Lord put a mark on Cain, lest any who found him should attack him. </i>

    If our God will watch over even one like Cain, we know He will watch over us. 

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …   Genesis 4:8-16 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK 

  God shows his watch-care - even over one like Cain, who murdered his brother Abel. 

=============

  

Reference Passage: …  Psalm 121 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK 

  A song of thankfulness for God’s continual and eternal watch-care over His people.    


Reference Passage: …  Psalm 139:7-8 [ESV] …  

7  Where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence?    If I ascend to heaven, you are there!  If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!

  There is NO WHERE we can go to escape God’s presence and His protection.   


Reference Passage: … Proverbs 3:5-6 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK  

  If we but trust in God and follow Him, He will lead us in His direction. 


Reference Passage: … 1Peter 5:6-7 [ESV] …   

Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time He may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you.

  If we humble ourselves before God’s grace, He cares and will watch over us. 


My Devotional Journal: Today's Our Daily Bread author, Glenn Packiam, AT THIS LINK tells the remarkable story of a humpback whale [see photo] shielding a biologist, swimming close to the whale, from a shark, … a life picture illustrating how God watches over and protects His own.  


And after taking in that illustration of God’s watch-care, I would charge my readers to hear ALL of the linked song, with the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir singing from Psalm 121; and then while meditating on that Psalm (linked above) and the other Scriptures above, I pray we all realize that if our God will protect even a murderer like Cain, He will protect us all.  There is no where we can go to escape His watch-care (see Ps. 139:7-8).  

Do I sense a resounding and thankful … “PRAISE THE LORD!!!”    

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for watching over me every minute of every day!! 

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me today, to thank our Lord for His watch-care and protection; … yes, … even in this pandemic!    Amen



Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries; If you GO TO THIS LINK the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: