Thursday, September 03, 2020

Sept 3, 2020 … Belaying Our Fears

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 247 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ... Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Laura Story singing her song … Perfect Peace … poignantly singing of how our God promises His peace to replace our fears. … AND THEN TO THIS LINK to hear Zach Williams singing of how our fears are ALWAYS lies from Satan.

God's peaceful waters ... 

==============
Highlight Passage : … Isaiah 49:15 [ESV] ...   15  “Can a woman forget her nursing child, that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb? … Even these may forget, yet I will not forget you. 
… God’s promise - NO WAY He would ever forget His people.
=============
Highlight Passage [Context] : … Isaiah 49:14-19 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK
… God’s promise, thru Isaiah, that the Lord will never forget His people.
=============

Reference Passage : … Isaiah 26:3, 41:10 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK
… A recurring theme with God’s promises thru Isaiah to give His peace and strength to replace our fears and feelings of weakness.

Reference Passage : … John 14:1 [ESV] … 1 “Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. … 
… Jesus promises His disciples (and us) His peace to replace our fears in times of trial.

Reference Passage : … 2Corinthians 12:9 [ESV] … 9 But He [Jesus] said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 
… Paul relays Christ’s promise to give us His empowering grace when we’re feeling weak.

Reference Passage : … Philippians 4:6-7 [ESV] … 6 … do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 
… God’s prescription for dealing with anxieties to receive His peace to replace our fears.

Reference Passage : … 2Timothy 1:7 [ESV] … 7 … for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. 
… Our feelings of fear are NEVER from God.

My Devotional Journal: Today's Our Daily Bread author, Anne Cetas, AT THIS LINK  relates how God helped her deal with irrational fears which held her captive for a time after both her parents died within months.

Her testimony is a witness of how God promises His children, as He did thru the Prophet Isaiah (see passages from Isaiah above), to help us realize the truth of what both Zach Williams and Laura Story sing in the two linked songs … that God promises to ALWAYS be there to give us His strength when we’re feeling fearful or weak … IF (and only if) … we believe in His promises and recognize that our fears come from believing in Satan’s lies.

My friends, I’ve learned a technique [i.e., a tool] to deal with my anxieties; and it comes right out of God’s promise from His exhortation, thru Paul, to Christians (that’s us too!!) in Phil 4:6-7. When I’m anxious about some circumstance in my life - as many may be in these troubled times - I stop, get alone, and recite three verses I memorized years ago - Isaiah 26:3, Is 41:10, and 2Cor 12:9 [see above]. After reciting the first verse [aloud], I pray to God, the Father, … thanking Him for sending His Son to save me. After the second recited verse, I pray to God, the Son, … thanking Him for providing me with His Spirit to give me His empowering grace. And then finally after the 3rd verse, I pray to God, the Spirit, thanking Him for interceding on my behalf before God, the Father and God, the Son.

Going thru that routine, NEVER FAILS, to belay my fears and help me realize that my God will NEVER abandon me … and that my fears are lies from Satan … and that my God will give me His grace to lift me up in times of weakness. Isn’t that what is promised by God’s word above; and we either believe it … or we don’t !! … How about you? … Why don’t you try my little technique, reviewed above; and if it helps, let me know via email at billb13@bellsouth.net .

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for quelling my fears with Your truth.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me, to pray today, realizing that you, Lord, will give us Your strength when we’re feeling fearful or weak. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: