Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Jan 13, 2021 … Singing for Him

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 13 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from David Crowder and Tauren Wells singing … All My Hope Is In Jesus …  poignantly singing how we must put all our hope in King Jesus, … a song I play/sing often to remind me of my Savior, … who will never leave or forsake me.  



==============

Highlight Passage:   Deuteronomy 31:19, … 22  [ESV] ... 

19 “Now therefore write this song and teach it to the people of Israel. Put it in their mouths, that this song may be a witness for me against the people of Israel.  …  22 So Moses wrote this song the same day and taught it to the people of Israel.   

  God’s instructions to Moses about writing a song to help God’s people to witness to God’s glory   

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  Deuteronomy 31:15-22 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Just before Moses dies, God gives him instructions to write a song about God’s glory so that the remnant who believes in the Lord will remember their God. 

==============            


Reference Passage: … Psalm 95:1-2 [ESV] … 

   Oh come, let us sing to the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the Rock of our salvation!     Let us come into His presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to Him with songs of praise!  

  Psalmists implore God’s people to sing our thankful praises to the Lord. 


Reference Passage: … Psalm 100:1-2 [ESV] … 

   Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth!   Serve the Lord with gladness! Come into His presence with singing!  

  Another song written to sing praises to God.  


Reference Passage: … Ephesians 5:18-21 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK … 

  Paul exhorts fellow Christians to gather in the Spirit to sing our thanks and praises to God. 


Reference Passage: … Colossians 3:16 [ESV] …  

16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.   

… The Apostle Paul realized the power of singing God’s word to Him with thankful praises. 


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Mike Wittmer, AT THIS LINK wrote about the power of music to teach many younger people these days about the history of Alexander Hamilton when Lin-Manuel Miranda wrote/produced the musical, Alexander Hamilton, where now young people can sing in hip-hop style about the exploits of this 18th century character. 


Years ago I recognized, in my career in healthcare, that music - with lyrics - activates the entire brain; and I believe that’s why God penned many instructions and exhortations (see Scriptures above) to SING of our thankfulness and praise to God.  If you go to my blog site (USE THIS LINK ), a follower would note that EVERY DAY I find a song which exemplifies the meaning of what God gives me to share that day in my published blog.  Today, … above, … you’ll see that i’ve linked a song, written and performed by David Crowder, which means so-SO much to me about where all my hope lies … in my Savior!  It’s a “go-to” song for me which I often play and sing along when I’m down or needing God’s enabling grace. 


What songs lift you up to be able to thankfully praise God?  If you don’t have some “GO-TO” songs, I exhort any readers here to find a few which you can return to when you need God’s grace to lift you up.  HERE”S ANOTHER SONG LINK  - to a song which I’m almost certain will bring God’s glory to your mind and heart.  Try it out and see if it doesn’t lift you up.    


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for showing us the power of song to bring Your glory to our hearts. 

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray that all reading here will join me, … OFTEN …  to be lifted up by songs of God’s glory … perhaps today … perhaps now … with the songs linked above.  … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: