Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Jan 19, 2021 … His Strength, Not Mine

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 19


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Steven Curtis Chapman singing … His Strength Is Perfect …  poignantly singing of how we can rely on God’s strength to lift us up when we’re feeling weak.



==============

Highlight Passage:   Isaiah 26:3-4  [ESV] ... 

You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You. 4   Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock. 

  Isaiah sings of those who find God’s peace in the midst of life’s perils thru a trusting faith in the One Who is our Rock.       

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  Isaiah 26:1-13 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Thru Isaiah God gives His people a song to sing when they feel overwhelmed by life’s circumstances. 

==============            


Reference Passage: … Psalm 63:1-4 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK  

… King David’s prayer song when he felt down or oppressed.


Reference Passage: …  Matthew 11:28-30 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Jesus invites any and all of us who follow Him as disciples to yoke ourselves to His strength when we feel overwhelmed by life’s challenges.  


Reference Passage: … John 16:33 [ESV] … </b>

33 I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” 

  Jesus’ promise to HIs Disciples (and to us) when we face overwhelming trials.  


Reference Passage: … Philippians 4:13 [ESV] … 

13 I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. 

  We can ALWAYS rely on God’s strength when we’re feeling weak. 


Reference Passage: …  1Peter 5:6-7 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… When we feel overwhelmed in life, we need to humble ourselves and take those cares directly to God Who cares so deeply for us. 


My Devotional Journal: Today's Our Daily Bread author, Xochitl Dixon AT THIS LINK writes of Diane Dokko Kim, who, wrote a book [see photo] on how she dealt with the trials and challenges of raising a son with autism.  The forward for Kim’s book was authored by Joni Eareckson Tada, who’s had to deal with being confined to a wheelchair with quadriplegia all of her adult life.  And both of these courageous women give us hope and strength from their experiences to deal with the sometimes overwhelming challenges of life.  


And we all know - and likely have experienced - the reality of having to deal with trials or troubles in life which can be overwhelming, … times where we feel too weak to go on.  Well, my fellow Christian, I pray you all know that we can bring our weakness and our trials to the One, … really the ONLY ONE, … Who can give us the strength to be overcomers just as He was (and is) … our “Overcomer Savior” in life.


And the Scriptures above - as well as the song - are my OVERCOMER “GO-TO” truths when I’m feeling down.  So, may I exhort any reading here, who believe - as do I - in the absolute truth of God’s word, to have verses like these memorized so that you can pray them back to God when you’re feeling weak or overwhelmed by life.  It works, my friend !!!


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for giving me Your strength - thru your word - when I’m feeling down or weak.  

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray that all reading here will join me, … to be lifted up with Your strength when we feel overwhelmed by life’s challenges.    … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: