Monday, January 25, 2021

Jan 25, 2021 … Follow The Leader

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 25 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Chris Tomlin singing … I Will Follow …  poignantly singing how we must do all we can to follow Christ by following Godly leaders.  


Following well-ground Biblical leaders ... 

==============

Highlight Passage:   Ezra 7:28 [ESV] ... 

28    I took courage, for the hand of the Lord my God was on me, and I gathered leading men from Israel to go up with me.  

  Ezra leads God’s remnant back to Jerusalem from Babylon; and to do so, he brings leading men to help the people find their way to Godliness more easily.         

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  Ezra 8:15-21 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… As the remnant returns to Jerusalem from Babylon, Ezra calls for the Priests, i.e., the Levites, to come and minister Godly leadership to the people.  

==============            


Reference Passage: … Proverbs 27:17 [ESV] ... 

17 Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another. 

  Jesus’ surrender to the will of His Heavenly Father was complete, … just as our’s should be to Him … since our Lord and The Father are one.   


Reference Passage: … John 14:6 [ESV] … 

Jesus said … , “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. …”   

  Jesus shows His disciples that HE is the ONLY ONE to follow to glory.


Reference Passage: … 1Corinthians 11:1  [ESV] ... 

Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ. 

  Paul knew that others could follow him because He was following and imitating Christ. 


Reference Passage: … 2Timothy 2:2 [ESV] … 

and what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men, who will be able to teach others also.  

  Mentoring Timothy, Paul exhorts the young church leader to follow what Paul had taught him about following Christ. 


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Tim Gustafson AT THIS LINK  writes about how a missionary in a small bible college in Ghana helped a few new Christians become leaders, … who, in turn, … poured their lives into many other Christians, … the result being many, many churches raised up in Ghana.   


It’s the principle of Pastors (or Church leaders) mentoring and equipping others to be mentors of others.  And what Ezra did in the OT, when the Israelites returned to Jerusalem from Babylon (see highlight passage) and what the Apostle Paul did with Timothy in the NT (see 2Tim 2:2), shows the value and power of real BIBLICAL leadership.  


I had a biblically strong mentor when I came to Christ from my atheist background; and following his leadership was a cornerstone in my discipleship, showing me the way to follow Christ from His word.   And I pray that all reading here are following strong - truly BIBLICAL - leaders and learning how to lead others … to lead others … closer to Christ every day.  


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for leading me to a leader who followed You and showed me how to lead others to You.    

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray that all reading here will join me, … to do wall we can today to follow our Lord and lead others to follow Him as well.   … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: