Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Jan 12, 2021 … No Turning Back

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 12 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...    Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Kathryn Scott singing … I Have Decided To Follow Jesus …  poignantly singing how we must rely on Christ to provide us with the way in life.   



==============

Highlight Passage:   2Corinthians 5:17  [ESV] ... 

17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. 

  We become totally and completely new when we repent, surrender, and follow Jesus.   

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  2Corinthians 5:14-17 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Paul had learned how following Christ had changed his life and he so desired that others would find their way to follow our Lord as well. 

==============            


Reference Passage: … Psalm 139:23-24 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK … 

  My prayer - every morning …  that I would surrender my heart to follow my Lord’s way as THE WAY - THE ONLY WAY - to go in life. 


Reference Passage: … Proverbs 3:5-6 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK … 

  We must trust in God, COMPLETELY, to show us the way - HIS WAY - in life.


Reference Passage: … Luke 9:23-25 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK  

  According to Jesus, surrendering self to follow Him is the only way to go. 


Reference Passage: … John 14:6  [ESV] …  </b>

Jesus said … , “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. …   

  Jesus declares to His disciples that following Him to heaven was the only way to go in life. 


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Alyson Kieda, AT THIS LINK tells of a young man named David who broke the cycle of abuse and addiction in his life by surrendering to follow Christ.  


And that’s what the Apostle Paul decided and taught [see highlight passage] after his dramatic conversion from zealous persecutor of Christians to a sold-out ambassador for King Jesus.  And it was my story as well, … breaking the cycle of habitual sexual sin in my life to repent and sell out to follow Christ.  


And it is my prayer, for anyone reading with me here today, that you have decided to do what Kathryn Scott sings in the linked song; … and we, as declared disciples of Christ, have decided that trusting and following HIS WAY is really the ONLY WAY to go.   


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for being THE WAY for us to follow. 

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray that all reading here will join me, to repent of self and follow King Jesus today and tomorrow and forever!!   … Amen


=============

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: