Saturday, January 16, 2021

Jan 16, 2021 … Tiny But Mighty

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 16 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Steven Curtis Chapman singing … His Strength Is Perfect …  poignantly singing of how we must rely on God’s strength when ours is gone. 


Tiny baby survives born at 23 weeks ... 

==============

Highlight Passage:   1Samuel 17:42  [ESV] ... 

<i>   42 And when the Philistine looked and saw David, he disdained him, for he was but a youth, ruddy and handsome in appearance.  </i> 

  David faced the giant, Goliath, with confidence because he trusted in His God for strength.    

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  1Samuel 17:32, 41-47 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… When David, the young shepherd, faced Goliath, it looked like a severe mismatch.   

==============            


Reference Passage: … Isaiah 41:10 [ESV] … 

10   fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

  John the Baptizer, declares that believing in God’s Son, The Christ, is the only way to heaven.  


Reference Passage: … Jeremiah 32:17 [ESV] … 

17 ‘Ah, Lord God! It is you who have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and by your outstretched arm! Nothing is too hard for you.

  The Prophet remembers in prayer that NOTHING is too difficult for our God.


Reference Passage: … Luke 1:37 [ESV] …  

37 For nothing will be impossible with God.”  

… An angel reminds Mary that NOTHING is impossible for God.    


Reference Passage: … 2Corinthians 12:9 [ESV] …  

But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.   

… The Apostle Paul remembers Jesus’ promise to give us His sufficient, empowering, grace to deal with the difficulties of this life. 


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Winn Collier AT THIS LINK uses the story of baby Saybie, the earliest born preemie to survive, … to illustrate the truth of God doing things that may seem impossible to human logic. 


Certainly the story (in the highlight OT passage) of David taking on Goliath illustrates that, doesn’t it?  And all of the Scripture passages above do as well.  But, do we grasp the reality of what the Angel said to Mary when Jesus’ mother doubted that she could be pregnant without having relations with a man [see Luke 1:37]?  Do we have the faith of a David going against the “Goliaths” of this world?  Do we have the trust of a Jeremiah [see Jer. 32:17) that nothing we face is too hard for God to handle?  Do with have the confidence in Jesus that Paul had when he faced the pain and challenge of that thorn in his flesh (see 2Cor. 12:9)?  


I hope that all reading here believe that God’s strength will bolster us when we feel too weak to take on Goliath today, … as Steven Curtis Chapman sings in the linked song.   


Because, … my fellow Christian, … IT WILL!! 


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for giving us Your empowering grace to take on the Goliaths of life. 


<b><u>My Prayer Today</u>:</b> Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray that all reading here will join me, … to trust that God will give us His grace to take on Goliath today. … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: