Wednesday, October 20, 2021

October 20, 2021 … Being Redeemed and Rebuilt …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 293 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in a song and lyrics from Big Daddy Weave singing … Redeemed … powerfully singing of how We, as Christians, are redeemed, renewed, and rebuilt by the blood of Christ and our repentance to follow Him. 


God's broken temple ... 

==============

Highlight Passage:  Psalm 32:5  [NLT] …  

Finally, I confessed all my sins to you and stopped trying to hide my guilt. I said to myself, “I will confess my rebellion to the Lord.” And you forgave me! All my guilt is gone.

David sings of his gratitude for the forgiveness of God when he confessed his sin.                   

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: … Psalm 32:1-5 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… King David sings of how God redeemed and rebuilt the life of David when he was willing to confess his sins.  

==========                                            


Reference Passage: … Psalms 51:1-5  [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK  

… David sings of his confession of sin before a graceful and loving God [written before Psalm 32].  


Reference Passage: … Proverbs 28:13 [NLT] …   

13 People who conceal their sins will not prosper, but if they confess and turn from them, they will receive mercy. 

… Solomon teaches of God’s mercy and forgiveness when we confess our sins.  


Reference Passage: … Lamentations 3:22-23  [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK  

… God, thru Jeremiah, proclaims to God’s people of the mercy of a faithful God Who daily is willing to forgive those who are repentant and confess their (our) sin.   


Reference Passage: … Matthew 7:1-5  [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK   

… Jesus preaches about our need to confess, repent, and be forgiven for our sins. 


Reference Passage: … 1John 1:9 [NLT] …  

But if we confess our sins to Him, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.  <

… John conveys God’s truth that our Lord is ALWAYS willing - and able - to forgive and cleanse the sinner who is willing to confess our sins.       


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Cindy Hess Kasper, AT THIS LINK … used a word picture of a mural her mom painted on her wall of an ancient Greek temple which had been destroyed (much like the one in the attached photo) which the ODB author came to see was like our brokenness which can be - and is - rebuilt and redeemed when we bring it to our Redeemer God with genuine confession and repentance.   


And if my readers have taken in the linked song and meditated on the Scriptures above, I pray you are as grateful and uplifted as am I by knowing that we can bring any brokenness to our merciful God, … even right now, … and His mercy is ALWAYS there to redeem, renew, and rebuild us to be His temple (see on your own 1Cor 6:19-20).  


And will you share a robust “Hallelujah” with me today for the redemption we have been given by our faith in the blood of our Lord, … King Jesus?!     


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for being here every morning to hear my crises for forgiveness and redemption.     

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to once again express our grateful “Hallelujahs” for the redeeming grace of our Lord today.    … Amen  


=============

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: