Tuesday, October 05, 2021

October 5, 2021 … Following Our Shepherd …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 278 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in a song and lyrics from Don Moen singing … Psalm 23 … poignantly singing the famous song from King David about his God being his Good Shepherd.  


Our Good Shepherd leading His flock homeward ... 


==============

Highlight Passage:  Psalm 23:4 [NLT] …  

Even when I walk through the darkest valley,  I will not be afraid, for You are close beside me.  Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.. 

  David sings of his Lord as his “Good Shepherd,” guiding him thru even the most threatening of times.                    

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: … Psalm 23 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… King David sings of His God always being his “Good Shepherd”     

==============                                            


Reference Passage: … Isaiah 40:11  [NLT] …  

11 He will feed His flock like a shepherd.  He will carry the lambs in His arms, holding them close to His heart.  He will gently lead the mother sheep with their young  

Isaiah prophesies how The Messiah would one day gather His flock as a Good Shepherd and lead them to glory to be with Him forever (see photo).  


Reference Passage: … Isaiah 53:6  [NLT] …  

All of us, like sheep, have strayed away.  We have left God’s paths to follow our own. Yet the Lord laid on Him the sins of us all. 

God, thru Prophet Isaiah, shows that we are like wayward sheep who’ve been giving over to the Messiah as our Shepherd


Reference Passage: … John 10:14-16  [NLT] …  

14 “I am the good shepherd; I know my own sheep, and they know me, 15 just as my Father knows me and I know the Father. So I sacrifice my life for the sheep. 16 I have other sheep, too, that are not in this sheepfold. I must bring them also. They will listen to my voice, and there will be one flock with one shepherd. 

  Jesus declares that HE is the “Good Shepherd” and He will lead His faithful flock of followers homeward under His protection.  


Reference Passage: … 1Peter 2:25  [NLT] …  

25 Once you were like sheep who wandered away.  But now you have turned to your Shepherd, the Guardian of your souls 

Peter shows that the ones who repent and return to follow the Lord, our Shepherd, are like wayward lambs coming home to follow the Good Shepherd. 


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, James Banks, AT THIS LINK 

 … writes of William Wilberforce’s Aunt, Hannah, who, as she was dying wrote of the joy of knowing that she would soon be led by her Lord homeward to be with Him    


Hannah Wilberforce, even though she was in pain and dying, knew the joy spoken of in Psalm 23 and in the Scriptures posted above … that she was being led by our Savior, as her Good Shepherd, to the eternal safety and rest of her home in heaven 

And tho I feel I have a long way to go, knowing that this now old, … but formerly wayward lamb, … has chosen to follow my God Shepherd, gives me great peace.  And as my Lord protects and leads me thru this valley of turmoil in this life, I will continue to follow Him to the home He has prepared for me in heaven.  And I pray that all reading here are following our Good Shepherd today and again tomorrow as He leads His flock homeward.   

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, …leading me homeward again today. 

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to follow You, Lord, as our Good Shepherd, leading us homeward again today.    Amen 


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: