Friday, October 29, 2021

October 29, 2021 … Singing Over His Children …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 302 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in a song and lyrics from Elizabeth Mitchell singing the old lullaby… You Are My Sunshine … poignantly singing of the love of our lives.  


Father sings ... "You are my sunshine ... " 


==============

Reference Passage: … Zephaniah 3:17  [NLT] …   

17 For the Lord your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, he will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.”   

… Zephaniah prophesies about that day when the Lord will come to be among His chosen ones forever; and He will sing songs of joy over His people.  

===============

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  Zephaniah 3:14-17 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… God , thru the Prophet Zephaniah, promises to sing over His chosen people when He comes to judge the nations in the Day of the Lord.    

==========                                              


Reference Passage: … Psalm 95:1-2 [NLT] …   USE THIS LINK ... 

… The Psalmist sings of God’s people singing joyfully of our praises to Him. 


Reference Passage: … Psalm 100:1-2 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK ...  

… The Psalmist sings of God’s people worshipping the Lord in song.        


Reference Passage: … 1Corinthians 14:15 [NLT] …  

15 Well then, what shall I do? I will pray in the spirit, and I will also pray in words I understand. I will sing in the spirit, and I will also sing in words I understand.  

… Paul declares that he will yield his mind/heart in a life of Spirit-led prayer and singing.


Reference Passage: … Ephesians 5:19 [NLT] …   

18 Don’t be drunk with wine, because that will ruin your life. Instead, be filled with the Holy Spirit, 19 singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs among yourselves, and making music to the Lord in your hearts. 

… Paul calls on fellow Christians to avoid selfishness and sharing with one another our praises of God in the Spirit of song.  


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, John Blasé, AT THIS LINK  … writes of singing over his baby girl as she slept (see photo) - You Are My Sunshine” - [see linked song] - over and over, … soothing the child and showing his love for her.   


What a poignant life picture of what Zephaniah prophesied (in the highlight passage)  that God will do when He comes to bring all His chosen ones to Himself in heaven.  Can you fathom the picture of God’s love singing over us as His beloved chosen children?  


Certainly the Bible (see reference scriptures) - in the Old and New Testaments - calls for us, as God’s chosen, to sing our praises to our Lord.  But right now, I revel with joy, imagining our my Lord, King Jesus, singing of His love for me in heaven.  Can I sense a joyful “Hallelujah” from my fellow Christian readers at this thought.     


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for Your promise - thru Zephaniah - to sing for us - Your children - in heaven.  

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to join me with a joyful “HALLELUJAH” at the thought of You, Lord, singing of Your love for us in heaven.  … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: