Tuesday, February 15, 2022

February 15, 2022 … Others First

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 46 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...    Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Danny Gokey singing … Love God To Love People …  powerfully singing of how we, who follow Christ as His disciples, need to simply focus the basics of loving others first, … just as He loves us.  



==============

Highlight Passage: …  Romans 12:1 [NLT] …   

1 And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind He will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship Him. 

… God shows, thru Paul, that we honor our Lord and worship Him by becoming living sacrifices to Him by serving others before self.                         

===============

Highlight Passage [Context]: … Romans 12:1-5 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Paul calls fellow Christians to live and love as Christ did … by ALWAYS thinking and caring for others over self.                                 

==========                                              .                                         


Highlight Passage [Context]: … John 13:34  [NLT] …  

34 So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other.  

… Jesus to His disciples (that’s you and me) of His commandment to love others as He has loved us.  


Highlight Passage [Context]: … John 14:21  [NLT] …  

21 Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me.  And because they love me, my Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal myself to each of them.”

  Jesus clearly teaches that we show our love to Him by believing in and following Jesus’ commandments.  


Highlight Passage [Context]: … Philippians 2:3-5 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK  

…The Apostle Paul showing fellow Christian to love as Christ loved - by helping others before self.  


Highlight Passage [Context]: … 1John 4:19-21  [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… God, thru John, reiterates the Lord’s command to show our love for Him by showing our love for others first.       

        

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Xochitl Dixon … AT THIS LINK   illustrates God-like, sacrificial love by telling of a young farmer who heard that his family farm was up for sale.  And going to the auction, having scraped together the finances, he placed the first bid; and when no other bid came forth, he realized that the other neighboring farmers were sacrificing their own potential profits by giving up the family farm to the young man.  


And that’s the kind of sacrificial love that God calls on us, as His disciples, to show for one another, … the kind of love He showed for us.  It’s the kind of love that Danny Gokey sings about in the linked song; and it’s the kind of sacrificial love I pray that we’ll show to others out there in the world today.       


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for giving me the enabling grace to love others before myself.  

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to go out today and think of the needs of others before our own needs or desires.  … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: